Sanfris

Driver for TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB

[ Edited ]

All I need is the driver for this device.  I have Googled it with no luck and finding it on here is close to impossible (maybe I'm overlooking it?) But this is all I need. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My operating system is Windows 7-64Bit SP1

Peter

Re: Driver for TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB

The Windows default driver is all that's needed. There is no extra driver.

- Peter
petronivich

Hi i have a toshiba p850, just updated to windows 8 and my CD/DVD drive has disappeared from "My Computer" in device manager DVD drive TSST corp CDDVDW Sn-208AB has an error "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" looked this up and alot of people have had this problem. Is Toshiba due to release drivers that are compatible with windows 8?

Peter

Did you use the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant when upgrading to Windows 8?

Check this article.

- Peter
mcomrie

MY device manager for Windows 8 reports a Code 19 for TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB and does not work in Windows 8. Any help or advice?

Peter

First, check the solution in the following article (even though it answers a slightly different question).

CD / DVD drive is missing after upgrading to Windows 8

If that doesn't help, consider the first three solutions from this article.

What can I do if my CD or DVD drive doesn't work properly in Windows 7?

It refers to Windows 7, so explanations on how to navigate to the Device Manager will be different, but it seems like you know how to do that.

You can also try tweaking the registry as explained in this article.

Error code 39 - CD/DVD drive not working properly

I think this is the most likely solution, but I usually don't like to recommend registry alterations until I've exhausted other options.

- Peter
rayanderes

i just bought a 1500$ laptop and the cd drive does not work

Peter

What model, rayanderes? Did you try the steps I mentioned in my last post?

- Peter
PeterV

Peter,

Apologies for joining this but am having a similar problem.  I can now longer access my CD / DVD on my Satellite C855-13T which is only 4 months old.  I have done all that you suggested and deleted the TSST Corp CDDVDW SN-208AB driver and it is reinstalled when restarted.

It would appear to mechanically work when you add a cd / dvd but it is not recognised within Windows Explorer and or any program that accesses the dvd drive. Any ideas about how to start again and or to prove it actually works?

Many thanks in advance,

Peter

PS - The support site with drivers etc is very confusing.... Is it not possible for you to have a simialr app to 'Windows Update' preinstalled on all machines to manage the setup....? Also then could have a reset button to upload basic set?

Peter

We do have a similar application called Service Station. However, I note from your model number that your laptop isn't from the US. Toshiba operates separately in the various regions with different software packages. I don't believe the UK uses Service Station, but I don't have information on models from outside the US. Unfortunately, that also means I don't have additional solutions for you. You could check the Toshiba Europe forums.

- Peter
simpow

I had a problem after upgrading Toshiba Satellite C855-1GN from Windows 7 to Windows 8 where it couldn't see the DVD drive after upgrading.

I found this Microsoft Fixit that worked for me http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

UnbridledFree

I just purchased a new L875-S7108 running Windows 8 and I am having the issue of the Code 19 for the DVD drive.  I tried the fix listed on the Forum, but both recommendations did not work to resolve the issue.

Please help.  I am out of ideas at this point.

Lyzzi

I have a Satellite C655 running Windows 7 Pro. I just tried to install a new program from a cd only to find that the computer doesn't even recognize that there is a cd-dvdw drive (something about an error 19, I think). I have spent the last 4 hours trying every troubleshooting idea I could find, to include everything Peter has suggested: I've uninstalled the drive, popped out the battery, etc. What else can I do, short of getting an external drive?

Peter

Check this article first.

What can I do if my CD or DVD drive doesn't work properly in Windows 7?

If that doesn't help, you may want to try a system recovery or contacting customer support.

- Peter
aspirin55

All I need is the driver for this device.  I have Googled it with no luck and finding it on here is close to impossible (maybe I'm overlooking it?) But this is all I need. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.: Driver for TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB

EmilyBivona

I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite Model L75D-A7288. I am running Windows 8.1, which was pre-installed on the machine when I purchased it. I am attempting to burn a DVD but continue to receive the following error.

Burning failed. Error Code : SenseKey( 5), ASC(21), ASCQ( 2)

The DVD model is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208DB.  Can you please guide me on how to correct this error?

djray301

[ Edited ]

So my father bought a Toshiba- Satelite C855 in america at a bestbuy not even a year ago. And it doesn't want to read discs at all, the device manager gets a code 39, this is running windows 8 and was bought with windows 8 on it, When I update driver it says it has the latest update and it seems the driver may be missing or corrupted. I tried microsofts fixit file "CDDVDWin8.meta" nothing.... the dvdmodel is TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SN-208AB. -its fixed nevermind

Bryeguy

The Microsoft Fix it site states that it is incompatable with my operating system. I have tried on Forefox as well as IE on my Toshiba c855d-s5105.

What it fixes...
  • Your CD or DVD Drive does not read or write and is shown as disabled
  • The media in your CD or DVD drive cannot be read
  • The media cannot be written to by your CD or DVD drive
  • You receive one of the following errors:
    • A class specific or device specific driver is missing or corrupt
    • A CD or DVD drive cannot be found or is not connected
    • The CD or DVD drive is experiencing a problem that prevents it from working properly
    • The CD or DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
Find other Fix it Solutions...
Visit our solution center to find more fixes to common problems
Microsoft Fix it
Instruction to Run
  • Click the Run now button below
  • Then follow the onscreen prompts to launch
Run now
error
We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time.

I am running windows 8.1 64 bit.