jag_tos
Accepted Solution

Downgrade to windows 7 Toshiba satellite C855D-S5307

I bought my wife the Toshiba satellite C855D-S5307 with Win8. She hated Windows 8, so I installed an OEM version of windows 7 64 bit. Now I need drivers for the wi-fi, the windows 8 drivers will not work?

I show these devices as 'other devices' in device manager and require drivers for win 7

Network Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

USB 2.0-CRW

Please help me find drivers for these that will run under Windows 7 64 bit. 

Thanks so much!

fabinc

Re: Downgrade to windows 7 Toshiba satellite C855D-S5307

I was doing the same thing on a different model

Satellite C855D-S5110

For the wi-fi I used the drivers for Satellite C855-SP5370KM.

I had the same issues you have inclusing some USB ports that wouldn't read anything.  What fixed mine was to load the AMD chipset drivers at the AMD website.  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

I selected Windows 7 and it fixed it  The following is what it fix:

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

cdthomas9

Found a few things to help this along. This has been by far the most annying thing to do, its like the notebook was hard coded only for Win8. Search for the following files:

tc50118400d.exe   Toshiba AMD/ATI Catalyst Display Driver, found under an L850D model unit

tc70120700h.exe   Toshiba LAN driver for Atheros AR81 Family

I used tc50132300c.exe (I think from the models main support page) for the card reader

bjoleniacz

I know you have probably solved your problem by now.  I am more posting this information for myself, since I have spent so many hours this year trying to set up Windows 7 again each time I work up the nerve to try to work with Linux again.

The Toshiba Support Site has a lot of the necessary drivers for this particular model.  However, for the other ports to work, such as HDMI and VGA, the key is to install the Catalyst Control Center from AMD.  You have to google Catalyst Control Center and specially download the Windows 7 64-bit control center app from AMD.  Downloading it from the Toshiba site will not work.  

God bless.

bjoleniacz

[ Edited ]

A little more information:

To activate HDMI & VGA ports:

[[Name of Graphics card: Radeon HD 7520G]]

On AMD Catalyst website:

Scroll to bottom of page and look for Download the latest AMD Catalyst software.

Under "Latest AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for the AMD APU Series, AMD Radeon HD 7000, HD 6000, HD 5000 Series", click on the Windows 8/Windows 7 64 bit driver. 

Download the latest stable version and install.  HDMI and VGA ports will work properly after reboot.

Wifi:

Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

LAN card: Atheros AR8162 Fast Ethernet

Driver:

http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory=2&selFamily=2&se...

cklops

So I downloaded the Catalyst control to try and solve the USB fix but it didn't do anything. Am I missing something? All the descriptions above seem a little vague in their process