Jani

Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 driver & Windows 7 64 bit (Toshiba Satellite P300-1GN)

[ Edited ]

Hello to everybody

I recently switched to Windows 7 64bit from Vista 32bit and got some problem problems with the onboard sound (Conexant HD-Audio). What happens is at certain songs volume keeps increasing and decreasing by itself (always at same parts of the songs). The problem seems to be absent when I have my laptop connected to an external set of speakers via headphones interface rather than playing the sound on the onboard harman/kardon speakers nor it is present with the original windows driver (but with it the sound is crappy).

Help very much appreciated as this is quite annoying.

Here's the driver I'm using (Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 Driver ver. 4.98.6.61):

Sound driver

Jani

aCornel

Re: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 driver & Windows 7 64 bit (Toshiba Satellite P300-1GN)

Hi!

I have the same problem with a quite expensive Toshiba model (P500-16P). Had anybody solved this one out? Can anybody help me with this? The only thing that had SOME results was to uninstall the Conexant drivers and leave the default windows ones. But the sound quality is not so good. So, if anybody has any ideea about this, any help will be greatly appreciated. (I'm having a genuine Windows 7 Home Edition x64).

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 driver & Windows 7 64 bit (Toshiba Satellite P300-1GN)

Since that is a European model you'll have better luck asking in the European Forum where that model is sold and supported instead of here in the USA Forum where it isn't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

SMB46

Re: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 driver & Windows 7 64 bit (Toshiba Satellite T135-S1310)

I have an Toshiba T135-S1310 and I am having the same problem.  The file is not listed in my device manager but it shows up under "Programs and Features" in Windows 7.  I was told by the Toshiba tech in the Philippines that I would have to restore my computer to the original factory setup.  ...... What a pain. Is there another solution?

calexisalopez

my sound driver doesnt works i need another

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

See the post I made previously in this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

sometimes the speakers are muted by driver smartaudio in laptop satellite L755

[ Edited ]

Sometimes the speakers are muted by driver smartaudio in laptop satellite L755, the system was restaured and again the sometimes the speakers are muted