PAULMILLER

Chipset driver

Hello forum, can some one tell me how to find what ver. chipset driver i have in my Satellite a505 s6980.I like to install the latest ver. Thanks,hope everone has a good new year

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Chipset driver

http://www.gtopala.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

PAULMILLER

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, know i have another question once i down loaded the latest chipset driver how do i install ? I ran the exe.File and it said installing and if i accept the agreement but it doesnt seem like it updated anything,i dont like windows 7 lol.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Use SIW to tell you if it installed it or not.  If it did it would have the newer version number.  If not, it would have the old version number.  Double clicking on it is the way to install it.  It doesn't necessarily tell you that it finished installing or anything like that for the most part.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

PAULMILLER

Thanks Again cee-64 for the help,i have the satellite  a505 s6980,im pleased with it.What do you have if im not being to nosey,if i am just tell me,lol.I had the asus k60 that i exchanged for this,i wasnt to thrilled with the asus,very low sound and battery ran down to quick. I wish there was another way to find the ver.of driver instead of downloading another program, dont windows have it some were?

PAULMILLER

My proformance test showed proc.5.7

mem 5.7 grap.4.1

gam 3.4 hard disk 5.4

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

I have an L305-S5933 at the moment, but I'm trying to sell if so I can get something better.  It was a door prize at a store grand re-opening or I never would have purchased it.

You can figur out the version number from within WIndows, but I don't have a WIndows 7 system handy at the moment to walk you through it (I still use XP on my systems as I refuse to accept the performance and control hit Windows 7 has).  It's easier to do it with SIW.

PAULMILLER

Thats  A nice laptop for a door prize, cant beat it.

I seen that dame chip set ver,somewere and now i cant find it,even if i google it nothing helping yet.No big deal i quess,everthings working that i can tell, this is my first laptop next to the Asus i had about 2 days,.I really dont care for the teck help from Toshiba but there product seems pretty nice.

PAULMILLER