Stefan

Can't get my scroll on touchpad to work again.

It's been a while now since the scrollwheel on my touchpad stopped to work. Somehow I'm not really smart and I can't get it to work again. My model is a Sattelite A350D-20k. If anyone knows how to help me I would be very pleased!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Can't get my scroll on touchpad to work again.

Satellite A350D-20K

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand Mice and other pointing devices, and tell us whether you have the Alps or the Synaptics touchpad.

-Jerry
Stefan

[ Edited ]

At first, thanks for you reaction.

I checked which touchpad I have and it is the Synaptics one.

Edit: I have re-installed the driver as I read in other topics that this could be the solution. Still there's unfortunately no progress and the scroll still isn't working.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Stefan

Yes, that was exactly the one I found and used. I tried it several times, with and without restarting and removing all programs concerning the Synaptics Touchpad. Also restarted my Laptop several times like the program said I should in order to activate the new driver.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

The only way to tell for sure whether it's due to hardware malfunctioning is to restore the hard disk's contents to factory-new using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry
Stefan

Well, then I have 2 other questions. (man you must get sick of me!:smileytongue:)

-What are the consequenses?

-How do I restore everything back to factory settings?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

One important consequence is that you lose everything on the hard disk. It's all replaced. So you need to copy important data files. And later you'll need to reinstall added applications and redo settings.

See the section Restoring the pre-installed Software on p. 3-11 of the User's Manual.

A350/A350D User's Manual

userman-en-20081024161008.zip

-Jerry
Stefan

Thank you for all the info once again. I'll Windows 7 sooner or later and the scroll wheel isn't that important to me. I assume all my devices reset once I install a new Windows, so I'll skip on the last one.

Happy holidays to all who read this!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy Holidays to you too, Stefan.

-Jerry