Debbloom

Blueray software that came with P505-S8980 WinDVD BD for Toshiba

I have a Satellite P505-S8980 that had WinDVD BD for TOSHIBA installed when I purchased it.  I have updated this software and cannot play blueray discs.  It says AACS Key has expired. 

Is there software available that I don't have to purchase to be able to play blueray discs on this laptop?

Thanks for any assistance.

Peter

Re: Blueray software that came with P505-S8980 WinDVD BD for Toshiba

When you're told that the AACS key has expired, you're given the option of updating WinDVD, right? You've done this, and it hasn't solved the problem?

- Peter
itsmoore

Re: Blueray software that came with P505-S8980 WinDVD BD for Toshiba

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue when trying to play a BD.  I also have the same laptop and have updated to what I think is the latest version of WinDVD 8 - DXVA B20.209.  I also installed the latest patch found here.  After putting a disc in, WinDVD gives me a popup message that my key has expired but provides no way that I can find to update it.  Specifically, the message returned is, "WinDVD stops playback because of AACS check error."  For a long shot, I installed Toshiba's Service Station hoping it would catch the needed AACS key update...nothing.  I've spent about 3 hours thus far updating and scouring forums.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin