Occasional Contributor
cheech

Bios update

Hi all, i have a toshiba satellite l455. I recently downloaded driveragent and biosagent, did a scan of my laptop to see if i had any drivers out of date. It showed that 2 drivers and my bios were. I signed up for the toshiba updates right after i bought this laptop in November last year and I have gotten 2 emailed updates in that time period, non dealing with my bios. i came to this site to see if they had the current drivers and they dont.

Only one of them (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update) was i able to download at another website but the other 2 (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and Pheonix Bios) i cant find anywhere.

Of the 2 updated drivers i need, i am more concerned about the bios update. I recently had an overheating problem that i half way solved by installing a better quality fan. My Iaptop doesnt overheat anymore, but the fan is constatnly on. I have already started looking for a new laptop as i cant take the constant noise from the fan. I believe that this update to my bios is what i needed from day one.

So my question is, does anyone know how i can get the latest bios for my laptop? My current bios is Pheonix Bios v1.3. Or is this the most current?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Bios update

[ Edited ]

Driver Agent and similar programs are nothing more than ripoffs.  They are NOT to be trusted. 

Since you didn't bother to post your COMPLETE model number there is no way for us to know what the most current bios file is for it, but you can determine that easily enough.  If you have a USA product go to the product support link at the top of this page, enter in your model number, then click on the downloads tab.  Now download the drivers, utilities, bios, and applications for that model.  You can use the left hand Drop Down Menu to filter for OS and the right hand DDM to filter for type of file.

You might need to click on the blue text link that states Show All Models to show yours.

If your laptop is from a different country you will need to go to that countries Support Site to download the necessary drivers. 

Whatever is listed there are the latest that are available for your specific model, but a quick look at one of the L455 models shows that bios 1.30 is the latest for quite a few of them.

And it never ceases to amaze me how people expect to get answers for their laptops without telling us which one it is.  That makes absolutely no sense in any way shape or form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.