lakebuddy

Adding Printer

I have a new Toshiba satellite 505 laptop. I am trying to connect my HP Photosmart 7660 printer from my desktop downstairs. I am getting a message telling me that theer are no drivers found for this printer. I contacted the HP website and was instructed to use the deskjet 5600 series driver to install my printer. I did so and each time that I try to print the job stays in the printer que and still does not  print. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Iam using a wireless router to connect to my desktop and had no issues with my old HP laptop.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Adding Printer

Exactly which Toshiba computer is that? Please give the full model number.

Which Windows?

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 7660 Photo Printer connected to another computer and that the computers are networked.

Which version of Windows is on the computer connected to the printer?

Are you able to access files on that computer?

Please answer all the questions.

-Jerry
lakebuddy

Hi Jerry, My new laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L505 model. The operating system on the desktop to which my printer is connected is XP. I cannot acces files to my desktop from my laptop. The operating system on my Toshiba laptop is Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I cannot acces files to my desktop from my laptop.

So you are not really networked yet. Let's start there.

Follow these instructions to make folders and files on the desktop accessible from the laptop. Then come back here.

Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

Which Satellite L505 do you have?

-Jerry
AJV
AJV

I just purchased a Toshiba M645 Laptop, and am trying to install the software for my HP Photosmart C6300 printer.. and the computer tells me I do not have administrative rights??? I have installed this wirelss printer on all my home computers to include and Apple, Sony, and HP.. and this has been my first problem..