Skip this and contact a professional
You may need to download a driver for your device from support.toshiba.com for one of the following reasons:
The following Knwoledge Base article will help in understanding (click on links to view):
NOTE: For the following example we will be locating the driver for the webcam for a TOSHIBA Satellite C855-S5107 with Windows 7 Operating System.
1. On the left side of the Drivers & Updates page under "Filters", select the operating system for your device (located at the bottom of the filters list). In this example we are looking for Windows 7 (64-bit).
2. Next select the hardware you are looking for drivers for. In this example we are looking for a webcam driver, so we will select "Camera".
NOTE: The operating system the available drivers apply to remain visible at the bottom of the filters list.
3. From the available drivers, select the driver with the highest version number. In this example we will select V188.8.131.52.
Windows 7 / Vista:
NOTE: For the following example we will be locating the driver for the webcam for a TOSHIBA Satellite C855-S5107 with Windows 8 Operating System.
1. Open Device Manager as described above.
2. Select "Imaging Devices".
3. Right-Click and select "Properties".
4. Properties will show you the driver name and the driver version to compare to available drivers to determine if your machine has the latest version.
If you already know what type of driver you need:
If you are having a problem with a specific piece of hardware:
Ethernet / LAN Drivers:
If “Unknown device” is listed under “Other devices” Drivers:
Copyright © Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.