ecornwell
Accepted Solution

Media Frame No Longer Turing On

Hello,

My Digial Media Frame suffered and unfortuate accicent yesterday.  While my wife was vaccuming, the vaccume caught the power cord and pulled it out of the device.  Now it doesn't show that it has any power.  The plug feels a little loose but doesn't seem broken.  I checked and am still getting the full 12v out of the power supply.  I tried calling in for support but they won't talk to me since it is out of warranty.  (Note: That really makes me not want to purchase devices in the future if you don't even want to talk after that period.)  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've played with the end trying to see if I can get it to show anything. 

If that doesn't work, does anyone know how to take one apart?  I tried taking the 3 screws along the bottom out but it didn't seem like it wanted to give and I didn't want to pry on it.

Thank you.

ecornwell

Re: Media Frame No Longer Turing On

I wanted to post an update for anyone that finds this in the future.  I was able to get the frame working again after getting it apart.  To take it apart, remove the 3 screwes in the back.  Along the sides and top are clips that hold it in place.  I took a jewelers screwdriver up the sides and pried gently and was able to get them to pop apart without causing any damage.  Once the sides were done I worked on the top.  After the top was off, the rest was pretty simple.  There are standard flat ribbon cables and a few other cables that need to be disconnected to get the main board off.

In my case, the negative side of the power connector had a problem on the main board.  It wasn't putting enough pressure on the barrel plug.  After a little fiddling and bending, I was able to get it back to a nice fit and the frame turned on again.

Good luck if you're having any problems with yours!

DoomedTX

Re: Media Frame No Longer Turing On

I'm replying to this old thread in case anyone else still comes to Toshiba looking for support. My frame regularly won't come back on after it's been unplugged, whether accidentally or on purpose. It's the same when there's a power outage. No amount of pressing the power button on the remote or trying to activate the buttons on the frame itself will help. Just when I'm about to give up and open up the unit like you did, the frame just turns on at its scheduled time, usually 3-5 days after the power has been restored. I'm not sure what's going on that can cause it to remain off for days and then just magically come back on, but if I wait long enough it always works for me (so far).