museumsteve

Camileo X400 wont recognise SD card

I bought an X400 yesterday form Argos (UK) and it will not recognise that I've put an SD card in it. I have 2 x 2GB SD cards. One is Sandisk and one is Toshiba. I had already ordered a newer 16GB card which is on the way but if it doesn't work I'll be taking it back for a refund and buying a different brand.

Could anyone shed any light as to why it doesn't recognise it?

On a side note..I found it very frustrating that the description says 'One touch Youtube upload' when it is anything but. You have to install software and I assume plug your camera into the PC to upload :/

Peter

Re: Camileo X400 wont recognise SD card

You may want to try formatting it on the PC first. If that doesn't work, it's possible that your unit is faulty. You may want to contact Toshiba support in your region.

- Peter
museumsteve

Thanks for the reply.

I found the issue..and it was down to the fact the manual is useless IMO. It doesn't say anything about battery indicator so a new user would not know that 4 red bars means the battery is flat, even though the camera still works. It also doesn't state that when the battery starts to get flat it will no longer record and there's no warnings on the screen.

...and is there any reason why every retail outlet advertises this as 'One Touch Upload to Youtube' when it isn't. I've looked at other Camileo's online that apparently have an upload button.

Also the upload to Youtube doesn;t seem to work through the arcsoftware so to upload a video last night took approx an hour :/

I think I may take it back for a refund and buy a different brand

Peter

I'm glad you figured it out at least, but I'm sorry to hear about the problems.

- Peter
stephengp

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased the Camileo X400 on-line through JB Hi-Fi for my wife to take overseas at the end of this week. As it only has a fairly small hard-drive (128mb), I purchased 2 x 16GB Sandisk Class 10 Fast SD Cards. I put one in and started to record. The "memory full" message came up after around 45 seconds. I then started to hunt for some sort of switch, either physical or on the touch-screen that would swap my recording over to the SD card. Couldn't find anything. The "user manual" is next to usless. Our son has a small non-descript generic HD Camcorder that he bought at some flea-market somewhere, so we put the SD card in that, and it worked perfectly. I took the Toshiba camera and the SD card to our local JB Hi-Fi store for some advice. The customer service officer said that the particular SD card I had was "too slow" for this camera, and that I should return the SD cards to where I purchased them from and ask for the "Ultra" or "Extreme" cards, as they are "faster". That sounded ok to me. I thought that seeing the "Fast" cards worked in our son's camera, he might as well use them, so I purchased another 2 x 16GB "Extreme" SD cards from JB Hi-Fi. Took them home, and guess what? Exactly the same message. I tried to contact Toshiba Support, but they have nothing for Camcorder owners. I don't know whether I have a dud camera or not. I will have to now return to the JB Hi-Fi store I got the "Extreme" SD cards from and go through the whole exercise again. At this rate I think my wife is going to have to take our son's little generic camera, and hope for the best. Very disappointing.

Jason_can

Can anybody recommend a specific brand and model of micro sd card that does work? 

I'm having the same problem as others.  The first micro sd card that I purchased didn't work so I researched online and found that I need a faster card so when purchaing the second card I specifically checked the packaging and purchased a microsd that was suitable for HD video (Lexar High Speed Class 10).

I really like the format of the Camileo clip.  Small, portable, rugged...half the price of a GoPro.  It would be great if I could get it to work.

Sstallone

you can re format the card even if un regonised by going into the sd card settings on the actual camera.

so you need to insert he SD Card >> go to the SD CARD SETTINGS>> via the touch screen options

and then

reformat or delete the card this will reformat it to work on the camera.

this worked for me with my card ;0)

make sure you back up the card first

goodluck