FoS
FoS

Camileo S20 Basic: Charging Battery

[ Edited ]

I'm charging my battery for the first time and the battery indicator shows 2/3 bars.  However, the instructions say that blinking lights indicate that active charging is taking place, but the blue camcorder light is steady (which indicates completed charging). Why is it not blinking if the battery is not fully charged?  How long am I supposed to charge it on initial set up?  (I charged it for 6 hours until I saw 3/3 bars, used it a little, the battery indicator went back down to 2/3 bars, charged it again and the light is still steady.)  So far I am NOT satisfied with this product, even though the 1080p image looks incredible.

Thanks,

FoS

FoS
FoS

Re: Camileo S20 Basic: Charging Battery

I found this page for a Toshiba Europe Forum and someone asked the same question.

It seems as if using the USB cable does not make the blue light blink, but using the AC adapter (which I do not have yet) does make it blink.  I hope that is the case when I receive mine.  And is this blue light not blinking issue really silly?

FoS
FoS

I obtained a AC adaptor and it still does not blink.  Is it a defective product?

Regular Contributor
hb

Does the light a different color if you plug it in when you know it is discharged from when it is fully charged?

How many hours of use are you getting out of it?  

Personally, I wouldn't worry much about the blinking or not blinking except that there should be some kind of indication when it is fully charged. 

FoS
FoS

The blue light of the camcorder icon illuminates and is steady. It never blinks and I never know when it is done charging. I just have to count the amount of hours that pass.

I haven't yet let the battery drain to 0% while the camcorder is on so I don't know how much use I'm getting.  Although after the last full charge (overnight via USB), it stayed on 3 bars for several hours after recording several parts of a sporting event I was attending.

Unless ... it blinks when it is *done* charging?

Peter

[ Edited ]

I realize there hasn't been any activity in this thread in over a month, but I just wanted to chime in to say that it does appear that on some of the S20s the LED will indeed stay steady while charging. Sorry for the confusion!

- Peter
FoS
FoS

Thanks, Peter. So what is the minimum number of hours for a full charge?  I don't want to guess and I don't want to overcharge either. Or is there a way to "fix" this issue?

Peter

Unfortunately, the time it takes to charge will depend on multiple conditions such as the battery's current charge and the battery's age.

- Peter