04-11-2011 02:48 AM
I've a Toshiba L675-00X psk-3AC running a 64 Bit Windows 7. Suddenly (and without warning) my Touchpad mouse refuses to work.
As you know, there's a little button one pushes to activiate or deactivate the Touchpad mouse. I've uninstalled thefff device and of course rebooted the machine, reinstalling it. But it still doesn't work. The FN/F9 button will work but the wee button in front of the mousepad has ceased to work.
I had the same problem with a P200 Laptop that had the same problem. I went and spent 80 plus dollars for a new Touchpad on that system which didn't work. After reformatting the Hard Drive, it worked again.
Tell me I do not have to something like that again on this system. Your help will be much appreciated. Thank
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-11-2011 06:51 AM
Let's try the driver one more time. This time when you go into Device Manager and uninstall the touchpad device, make sure to put the check mark on 'Delete the driver software for this device', then install this driver:
Please let us know if works. Good luck.
04-11-2011 08:34 AM
I deleted the file at your request, including checking off the "delete file" where you instructed. When I rebooted the machine, it asked me to reboot again for it to take effect. Doing so, I then installed the driver your instructed, rebooted but no change.
Your furthered advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!
04-11-2011 09:32 AM
Try a system reset. Power off the laptop, unplug the AC from the unit, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, power on, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo, press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, and then boot into Windows.
Test the touchpad again. If this doesn't work, go to the Canadian download site for your model, download and reinstall these drivers/utilities, in this order.
Intel Chipset driver/utility
Intel Rapid Storage Tech
Intel Display driver
Intel Management Engine
Toshiba Value Added Package
Toshiba Flash Cards
I'm in Korea, time for bed. Good luck. Let us know what happens. Will check back tomorrow.
04-11-2011 06:06 PM
Miker, thank you for this. I only half listened to what you said in the first part of your posting - took the battery out and held down on the power button for thirty seconds & forgot to do the second part.
I then downloaded the files that you gave, and that did the trick. I seriously appreciate your expertise. Hope you got a good nights sleep - I'm ready to hurl myself into bed. Thanks again!!!
04-11-2011 07:07 PM
Not sure, Windows 7 is much better, but it's still Windows, and as such it's messy. But, there's a good chance this happened after a Windows Update, or installing some other software. I recommend setting Windows Update to only allow manual updates, and when you check for updates, never let it change any of your hardware drivers, Toshiba laptops are very finicky about using only their drivers.
Click 'Start - All Programs -Windows Update', then click on 'Change settings' on the menu at left, under 'Important updates' click on the drop down menu at right, select 'Never check for updates (not recommended)', and then click 'OK'.
To see your update history on the menu at left in 'Windows Update' click 'View update history', you might be able to correlate a date to when you developed your problem.
08-22-2011 01:32 PM
03-17-2012 03:45 PM
!. Can you have a working external mouse and use the touchpad alternately? On my inherited Satellite the touchpad is completely inoperative. I want to be able to use them both.
2. fn+F9 does nothing.
12-19-2012 10:45 PM
I have a Techra A11 and the nouse has never worked properly.
* the icon refuses to turn to a finger or not based onsome unseen condition. rolling the mouse back and forth and it will or won't at its own discretion.
* while showing a hand or hilighted screen feature, the mouse click will not activate it until I have tapped it endlessly. Or not at its discretion. The PC is not busy doing something else. it just responds when it feels so inclined.
* scrolling suddenly fails,even when it was just working on the same page/screen. I have to move to a blank space and click. then maybe scrolling will resume. OR maybe I have to repeat the process a dozen times.
* while moving across a page LIFTING my finger will be read as a tap, activating links I had NO INTENTION of activating. This is a lot of fun when I am selecting items from a list and suddenly I am opening all the items. OR when it opens some really STUPID web page with 800 cookie requests that I now have to DENY over and over before I can exit the page. Thank God I have all cookies require approval or I would be implanting these vile, irrelevant, and often invasive cookies on my PC. BTW - why is my bank implanting tracking cookies for NetFlix?
* Oh and this one just happened again - while I am typing if I just accidently brush too close to the pad, my mouse moves the icon back the to last place I set my mouse... usually in the middle of a sentens 3-4 lines up.