Tom56

recording tv show help

can anyone please help me with this? i have a Toshiba dvd recorder dr430. i just got verizon fios tv. when i try to record the walking dead off AMC channel i get this program is not recordable in video mod. this just happens on the AMC channel. thank you

DragRacerX

Re: recording tv show help

I have a DR430KU that has the same UNACCEPTABLE trouble. It is not just AMC. I record events on ESPN & specials on national channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, & NBC). Some shows will record with no problems. Other shows complain about the video mode +V. I think this has to do with the CPRM restrictions. You have to record "copy-once only" coded programs on a DVD-RW formatted in VR mode. NONE of my other 10 DVD burners have had this unacceptable & annoying restriction in them. I will never buy another recorder that has this "feature". Is there no way to turn this off?

Tom56

Re: recording tv show help

Hi DragRacerX

thank you for getting back to me. this is what i have tried to do so far     

i go in to my Toshiba dvd recorder dr430 setup i have general setting timer programming title list dvd menu. i click on the dvd menu then it has start format i go to format it has a video mode and a vr mode both tell me dvd player compatibility mode vr mode editing possibility mode. i put it on the vr mode and start formatting my memorex dvd-rw 4x 4.7gb 120mins.why that is done i go back on to AMC channel and record a program i get recording error cannot record disc not cprm comp. e28       when i had direct-tv i had know trouble recording any tv show program. its when got verizon fios tv