lascpu12

dvr620 ku error E25

I've sucessfully dubbed 8 Vhs tapes to DVD. now all I get is an error message saying: this program in not allowed to be recorded E25  what's up? why am I getting this now?

Peter

Re: dvr620 ku error E25

If you try a tape that you already dubbed earlier, will it work? I'm wondering if it's an issue with what you're trying to copy or if something's changed.

- Peter
SPDPOPO435

I've also received this message after being successful in dubbing VHS to DVD. I've tried reading the manual attempting to find the meaning of the error message. Is there any explanation or description to this error Message?

Peter

E25 means you're attempting to copy a copy prohibited program.

- Peter
SPDPOPO435

Thank you for the info Peter. I was misunderstood regarding the Copyright laws I guess. I thought if you owned the original VHS tape and were making a copy for your own personal use on DVD as a backup, it was allowed. Am I incorrect?

Peter

I'm not qualified to talk about copyright laws.

However, I was only commenting on what the error message signifies.

- Peter
SPDPOPO435

I Understand. Thank you for your help.

MarySue1964

I think you can only copy tapes that you yourself have recorded.  You can't copy commercially prerecorded tapes.  I think those are copy protected and probably DO violate copyright laws if you try to copy them.

mnsouth

I have a model D-R410KU DVD recorder

I have been recording network tv programs from a direct TV satellite receiver for the past 3 weeks (dancing with the stars) last week I tried to record the show and "canned error message E25 came up "This program not allowed to be recorded". I though I had a blank disc problem but purchased more new disc and find that I cannot record and program from my satellite receiver on any chancell or type of programming. I think I did try changing some of the picture aspect settings trying to get the picture in better proportion and did record with the timer for 2 times all other were with manual record. What did I do wrong?

Peter

You may want to ensure you're using VR mode. Look in Setup -> DVD Menu -> Format -> Format Mode.

If that doesn't help, you could reset your settings as explained on page 91 of your user's guide and then try again.

- Peter
mnsouth

Moderator Peter,

"You may want to ensure you're using VR mode. Look in Setup -> DVD Menu -> Format -> Format Mode."

Your comment above does not apply, I am using DVD+R media and when a blank disc is loaded you can not access the DVD menu and on a recorded disc you can not access the formate menu, you can get to finalize or isc protect.

Where can I get service on the recorder? My zip 56031 would it be the Bloomington repair facility?

If repairs are not available can I still purchase a recorder similar to this recorder?

Peter

A list of available DVD Recorders can be found here that shows the different capabilities.

If it's still in warranty, you can make a warranty claim here.

- Peter
bsul007

I have a Toshiba DVR620KU. 34 minutes into recording home movies (recorded on a store bought blank tape) from VHS to DVD, I received error message 25 stating the "program was not allowed to be recorded". I have already recorded numerous home movie vhs tapes without problems.

Occasional Contributor
PaulaJ

Re: dvr430KU ku error E27

The issue is that the DVD disc cannot be formatted. The DVD menu is greyed out upon inserting a disc, thus not allowing for formatting.  I have observed unfortunately this same phenomenon recently on two dvd recorders I purchased from Toshiba, one was an older model, DR560KU that worked fine for a couple of years and then began to not format, and now a replacement recorder.  Chagrined.

sbalzo

I have this same problem (error code 25 when trying to dub VHS to DVD) and it looks like you never received an answer. Everything I've read says I'm trying to copy a protected tape. But I'm not--this is a home movie from the 80s.

Even MORE frustrating is that apparently Toshiba has nobody you can talk to and I've yet to find an email address to contact them. HELP!

Sandy

WEF400

I get the same error about 15 minutes into dubbing a home VHS.  Has there been a resolution?  I waste more DVD blanks because of this. 

sbalzo

After many tries (and, like you, wasted DVDs) I finally gave up on the tape and sent it to www.oneflipmedia.com who were able to dub it for me. I think the problem may have been that the tape was old (Christmases 1984-1988) and had been added to multiple times and not recorded on the slowest speed. The tracking was jumping, even on the part I was able to dub myself.

It cost about $30 to have One Flip do it and if you want to get extras, it's $8/DVD. Well worth it.

I was able to convert four or five other videotapes to DVD satisfactorily on the TOSHIBA, though they're not quite the quality of the OneFlip conversion. When you add together the cost of the Toshiba unit and the DVDs, my time spent and my frustration level--especially given TOSHIBA'S lack of support for the product and utter disinterest---I wish I'd just shipped everything to OneFlip in the first place.

Good luck with your tape, but know there are alternatives out there. By the way, I found OneFlip through Angie's List.

Sandy

jasonuk

Hi guys, any XBox 360 guru's out there? NEED help!!! I've got a Toshiba DR-160 DVD recorder, I tried recording footage of my game onto DVD (Xbox scart in the back etc) got the E25 error, not allowed to record this programme, that's rubbish! Need help please!!