jpad

Youtube audio goes out of sync on bdx3300kb blu ray player

So have a BDX3300KB and it works great with dvds, iplayer works great both SD and HD but we have a problem with youtube.

The videos on youtube start fine but the audio quickly goes out of sync with the picture. Within a few minutes its not watchable. If I rewind the video a couple of seconds, it sometimes corrects the sync again but its only a matter of 30 seconds to a minute before it is out of sync again. I have a fast (20mb+) internet connection and as I say, iplayer works fine even in HD. I appreciate any help!

Peter

Re: Youtube audio goes out of sync on bdx3300kb blu ray player

That doesn't appear to be a US model. I think it's from the UK. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter
Privateofcourse

JFYI, I purchased one of these players in the UK yesterday from a well known online store and I have exactly the same issue with the it. I just phoned Toshiba UK support and the cahp on the phone told me to return the unit and get another one as he said it was faulty. Seems like complete rubbish to me. But as they haven't had feedback in this regard they are defaulting to a dodgy unit. This particular model replaced another model that failed on me, another Toshiba (BDX2100KB). This was classed as faulty when it wouldn't playback specific Blu-ray boxsets that I'd purchased. It seems to me that rather than come up with a solution Toshiba just pass the buck until they can. If no one complains they won't fix...or even if a couple of people complain they won't fix. It's clearly a software problem. iPlayer HD works without a hitch.

I've been buying Tosh stuff for ages, but quite honestly I'm more inclined to switch brands now. The follow up support in the UK is pretty dire. Compare panasonic support who cannot do enough for you. What a contrast.

Peter

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Unfortunately, Toshiba operates independently in different regions. You'll need to make sure Toshiba UK knows about the trouble.

- Peter