coachgb21
Accepted Solution

Toshiba DVR620KU

I just purchased this unit in order to transfer family VHS tapes to DVD's. I bought a bunch of Sony DVD + R disc's. I want to make sure I will be able to transfer info from a VHS tape to a DVD, remove that VHS tape and then insert another VHS tape and transfer information from that VHS to the same DVD. I am assuming if I don't finalize when I remove the first VHS tape, I will be able to continually add numerous VHS tapes to the same DVD. Has anyone done this and can confirm this is something I can do?  Are there any tricky things I need to remember? I started to do this on one and it seemed like it took me to to beginning of the DVD tape and I am concerned It will play over what I just taped. On the one I tried, it seemed like I had to play the DVD tape first and get to the end of my 1st dub, before I could start the 2nd dub. I am hoping I don't need to do that every time or it will take forever.  Any experience others have already encountered would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Advisor
RLangston

Re: Toshiba DVR620KU

You should record each VHS tape onto its own separate event on the DVD. An event is a separate title on the DVD.

So the sequence goes like this: 1) insert the DVD 2) insert the VHS tape 3) start playing the VHS tape and pause it 4) press Dubbing on the remote. The program on the VHS tape will be recorded onto an event on the DVD. 5) When the program is over, press stop. If the tape program goes to black or empty tape for a short time, or to the end of tape, the unit will stop recording. At that point, the recording is completed on the DVD and you have a new title. You can then repeat steps 1-5. How many times  you can do this for a single DVD depends on the record mode you use. If it's SP you can record up to 2 hours' worth of video. With LP it's 4 hours, EP is 6, SLP is 8. Once you've recorded all you can (or all you want, whichever is less) you can finalize the DVD.

Each time you record a new event, the unit knows where to record it. There's no need to try to position to any place on the DVD.

coachgb21

Thank You.  That was helpful.

samprasadh

I tried dubbing offline.

The dubbing signs VHS to DVD came on OK.

The counter worked fine

it took around 2 hours.

I removed the DVD+R and played it on my computer. Nothing was there!

Blank.

Could some one help please?

Regular Advisor
RLangston

Very likely you have not yet finalized the disc.