llllizlll

Toshiba DKR40KU DVD Recorder

I went out and bought some DVD RW+ disks.  Copied from TV off to Toshiba and finalized.  Then copied them to my personal cloud.  Then re-formatted and re-copied new info onto disk.  I don't know how many times, but also used at least 3 different disks from pack.  I then tried again and the disk will not finalize.  I can't get disks to read on another machine because it is not really finalized.  I have unplugged recorder for an hour to factory reset, because I couldn't do that either and then recorded another bit and finalized, but it still is not finalized.  I even used a new disk that needed to be formatted before use and it still will not finalize.  I know it has to be software or some kind of settings that I may have changed.  Can someone please help!!!  I bought Memorex cause that was the only dvd rw disks that they sold.  Again worked several times and now will not work on any new disks.  I did, not on last one, edit with hide chapters and split title to get rid of extra recorded stuff, and after that it stopped finalizing, but used a new dvd and formatted and copied 2 movies on it and tried to finalize and it did not work.

Regular Advisor
RLangston

Re: Toshiba DKR40KU DVD Recorder

The manual for the DKR40KU says that DVD+RW disks can only be recorded in VR mode. Is it possible that you are set for Video Mode and that's why there are problems?

I have a different Toshiba - the DVD620KU - but I don't think I've experienced these problems.

llllizlll

I think that it automatically records only in VR mode.  When I take the disk out and back in the TV says something like +RW +VR so I am assuming that it is set on VR mode.  Thanks...I did check out the recording in General Settings and it says Aspecit Ratio (Video Mode) and settings are for auto, 4:3, and 16:9 and I changed it back to auto, but still no luck.  Thanks! :smileyhappy:

SusanS

When I play back tapes that were recorded on my old VCR, the sound breaks up.  How can I fix this?  Wish Toshiba had decent support for new purchasers.