lesleystroot

Sound but no picture

When we try to play a DVD in our BDX2150 KU player, we hear sound but there is no picture. We have only had it hooked up for four days. I have watched a blu ray DVD, regular DVD and streamed movies from Netflix with no problem but today, all of a sudden there is no picture, but sound. (This is for every option on the blu ray, not just movies but we can't even see the menu screen).

We have tried disconnecting and connecting the cables over and over again and trying to connect them to different inputs (HDMI 1 vs. HDMI 2) but still the same result. Please help!

lancesclark

Re: Sound but no picture

Hi.   I have the EXACT same problem!  Same Blue-ray!  We watched a Netflix movie last night, no problems.....and today there is no picture.  Sound only.  I have disconnected and reconnected the cables with no results.  Hope some one can help us!

lancesclark

Hi there.  Got it fixed!!!!

I turned off the TV and Blue-ray.  I unplugged the power cords from both the TV and the Blue-ray.  Then, I unplugged the HDMI cable.  I left them unplugged for about an hour.  Then I plugged the power cords back in and turned on the TV and the Blue-ray.  Then I plugged in the HDMI cable ...... AND IT WORKS!!!!

Got picture now!  Yea!

Hope that works for you too!

masterwrx

i have the same exsact problem! that is great that im not the only one. for what we paid for this this it should not have this problem!. dose you player make funny loud sounds as well?

mig954

I have had the same problem numerous times.  All you need to do is unplug the Blu-ray player for about 10 seconds, plug it back in and it will power up after a few.  It's fine for about 24 hours, then you do it all again.

It would be great if they could fix this with an update.

ldkpak

It worked.  thanks for posting this.  I only left it unplugged a minute. 

Much better than the time I called the washer repair guy who made a house call just to unplug the washer and plug it back in. 

KariannHart

I did unplug the DVR670 unit for 10 minutes.  Still no picture, has audio.  I hope someone can help me!

KariannHart

I have a DVR670KU recorder with sound and no picture.  It also recorded that way, too.  I called 9 numbers for Toshiba and not one could help me.  I followed the directions listed here, but it still doesn't work. Please help me.

KariannHart

Lesleystroot, did you ever get you DVD to work?