JohnDH

RD-X34SU TV Guide Page

I now have an RD-X34SU DVD & HDD Recorder with remote control, it is used and was last used somewhere on the East Coast. I am on the West Coast Pacific Time and connected to Charter Cable.

I am unable to run the TV Guide Page Set-Up, to set it for my West Coast Setting. If I press the TV Guide key, next to the Menu Key, I just get a large totally blank box. If I press the Setup button under the remote flap and select TV Guide, I get 3 boxes down the left side, ( the top one shows current program, ) and a large blank box, there are no selection tabs across the top.

If I select the TV Tuner input, which has a cable line attached, then select setup button under the remote control flap, then select the far right "Initial Setting" icon, the only items shown are "Language" to select English or French, the next is the "Time & Date" optioned which is greyed out and inactive. (My Brother in the UK has an older RD-X30 PAL unit, which also has tune and Auto Tune settings along with others under the "Initial Settings." ?)

I downloaded the Toshiba "Users Guide" & "Quick Start Guide" before I received the unit, and I thought I saw a way the force the "Run TV Guide Initial Set-Up" again, but I can not now find it.

Can anyone help with how to reset the TV Guide to my local area and cable company, and or a way to set manually the time and date to start and end recording when on "Line 1 Input" which I have my cable box connected to via the 3 RCA connections, without having to go through the TV Guide page.

JohnDH

Occasional Contributor
fiyah

Re: RD-X34SU TV Guide Page

[ Edited ]

I have couple of RD-XS52SU & RD-KX50SU but don't know if the recording features are the same.

For mine recording is set up by pressing rec menu ..just like old vcr days.

JohnDH

Thank you for advise. My Brother advised that, but the Toshiba SE-R0144 remote, which is the one listed for my unit does not have that key. The keys just above and to left of outer circle of keys, are "Info & Menu" neither of which get me to what I need. The nearest sounding key is under the flap, called "Rec Mode" but this only selects between SP LP mode etc.

Occasional Contributor
fiyah

[ Edited ]

Then you need to read the manual or call  toshiba,also the quick start is just a fraction of the operation manual

Occasional Contributor
fiyah

Try this

1) Press TV Guide.
TV Guide On Screen LISTINGS appears.
2) Press / to select “SCHEDULE”.
3) Press Menu.
“Schedule Options” appears.
4) Press / to select “new manual recording” then press ENTER.
“Record Options” appears.
5) Press / to select “date” then press the number buttons to input the date (month, day, year).
To shift the highlight, press / .
6) Press / to select “start” then press the number buttons or / to input the start time (hour, minute,
am/pm).
To shift the highlight, press / .
Also set “end” in the same manner.
7) Press / to select “channel” then press the number buttons to input a channel number.
8) Press / to select “input” then press / to select the input.
Tuner: TV broadcast
Line 1, 2, 3: external device connected to the recorder
9) Press / to select “recorder” then press / to select the recording drive (HDD, DVD).
10)Press ENTER.
“Record Options” is closed.

JohnDH

I have both the "Installation Guide" & "Users Manual" neither seem to help me.

Is there a way of using a "Master Reset" to set unit back to "As New Factory Default" mode, so the setup will automatically run as if the machine was brand new ?

JohnDH

On mine pressing TV Guide just brings up blank boxes, with no text or Headings.

Occasional Contributor
fiyah

If the time aint set you must press set up under the flap & set your date year time ect. before you do anything else

JohnDH

Unfortunately, that is greyed out and not available, books say it is like that when set by programming, so I'm still stuck.

Occasional Contributor
fiyah

Calling toshiba is your best bet hope you get someone in usa.There should be a way to do it manually.