03-04-2012 06:10 PM
My son got us the BDX1100KU for Christmas 2010. This past Christmas, he got me a copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2," which comes with ultraviolet instant streaming. A few weeks ago, I finally got a chance to watch it, but when I inserted the disc, I got an "unknown disc" error and the player ejected the disc. I saw on this site that there is a firmware update available for this player, but I've been unable to install it. Here are the steps I've taken:
1. Formatted a 2 GB PNY brand SD card using Disk Utility on my iMac (3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB of RAM, running Mac OS X 10.7.3.) I used MS-DOS FAT formatting.
2. Downloaded BDX1100_FW_V53.zip from support.toshiba.com.
3. Unzipped the file to the SD card using StuffIt Expander 15.0.2.
4. Dragged the icon for the SD card to the trash and removed the card from the iMac.
5. Turned on the TV and the Blu-Ray player.
6. Inserted the SD card in the card slot on the Blu-Ray player.
7. Pressed the set-up button.
8. Selected "System" from the menu, then "Upgrade", then "SD Card." Pressed the OK button on the remote.
The player displays a message stating, "! No valid upgrade file is found! Please insert the right one..."
As far as I can tell, I've followed Toshiba's directions for updating the firmware exactly. Please advise what else I need to do. It's pretty annoying that I cannot play a brand new disc in this player.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-06-2012 11:43 AM
Sometimes when a zip file is unzipped, a folder is created. How many folders are in the SD card (without looking inside any of its folders)? If there is one folder with two subfolders, try moving the subfolders into the root of the SD card.
03-31-2012 10:01 AM
The SD card has 2 folders in the root, labeled BDX1100_FW_V53.zip Folder and BUDA. The folder labeled BDX1100_FW_V53.zip Folder has two subfolders labeled BUDA and UPG_ALL. Does that sound like the correct directory structure?
04-02-2012 01:16 PM
No, I believe you should move those two subfolders into the root. I believe there should be two folders directly in the root - BUDA and UPG_ALL. Let me know if that works!