djrmc24
Accepted Solution

Okay when is BDX1100 Blu Ray Player going to get a firmware upgrade?

So I was watching the A Team and the scene selection bar comes up at different points during the movie, and it is annoying. Also Blu Ray Player won't play Avater or District 9. The scene selection bar is really annoying though when it pops up when you are trying to enjoy a movie. Please fix this Toshiba.

djrmc24

Re: Okay when is BDX1100 Blu Ray Player going to get a firmware upgrade?

So anyone going to reply to this post or does a Toshiba Employee have an answer? I would truely appreciate some feedback.

Leszama

A lot of people have the same problem, i have more than 2 months without a response from toshiba, i hope and soon update the firmware, please send us an approximate date for the update TOSHIBA, not disappoint us

djrmc24

Yeah I don't think it is good customer service when Toshiba doesn't even acknowledge that they need to upgrade their firmware for the BDX1100 Blu Ray player. I just think it ruins the movie experience when you are trying to watch a movie and the scene selection sub menu pops up spoiling the next scene for you. It has only happen on 20th century fox movies for some odd reason.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Folks, please remember that this isn't an official Toshiba support venue but a user community and advanced notices of future updates aren't posted here.

If you're having a problem that isn't being resolved within the forums, please call the Video Products support line at (800) 631-3811.  If that results in a solution, please do come back and post the info for others.

Jim

djrmc24

well to let everyone know Toshiba has finally came out with Firmware upgrade to allow District 9 and Avatar to be played on the blu ray player. Hopefully it will resolve the scene selection menu from popping up as well.

djrmc24

Alright so problem is still not fixed with Toshiba's first and only firmware update for BDX1100. When I went to put in A-Team movie the chapter selection tab would still pop up throughout the movie and it made it quite annoying to enjoy this film. Why wasn't this problem not included in the recent firmware upgrade??? A-Team is not the only movie that this happens with, Ramona and the Beeznus as well. Seems to be an issue with 20th century fox movies.

ben996

[ Edited ]

on the alien anthology box set the scene selection menu pops up every now and then, it's good to see they have done the update for avatar and distric 9, 

1 update down,

now fix the pop up menu please,

but well done toshiba anyway

djrmc24

I agree the last update that Toshiba released for this particular Blu Ray player fixed the Avatar and District 9 playability problem however it has not fixed the scene selection sub menu from popping up while watching 20th Century fox movies. It happen with me when I was watching Unstoppable, A-Team, and Ramona and the Beeznus which are all 20th Century Fox movies. C'mon Toshiba fix your product please or at least respond to it that it is a problem. Nothing more annoying when pop up menu pops up and blocks part of the screen when you are getting into a movie.

djrmc24

Now Wall Street Money never sleeps also suffers from the same problem that all the other 20th century fox movies do on Blu Ray when being played on this model by Toshiba. It seems like the scene selection thing popped up more during this movie then any other 20th century fox movie. Please Toshiba get right on this and fix the problem.

djrmc24

Am I the only one having this problem?

van_man

I am having the same problem with the A-Team movie where the chapter selection pop-up displays while watching the movie.  It seems to happen everytime you get to a new chapter.  Hopefully Toshiba will get an update.

van_man

I contacted Toshiba today with regards to the A-Team Blu-Ray constantly popping up the chapter menu while watching the movie.  The rep was very helpful and documented the problem and said this was the first report they had.  I also mentioned that other people were having trouble with other 20th Century Fox Blu-Rays.  I would encourage anybody else having problems to call also.  The more complaints they get I think it will become more of a priority.  They have an 800 number.  1-800-631-3811.  If they contact me with any updates I will provide an update here also.

djrmc24

Good to hear man thanks for the heads up. You would think they would have been getting more complaints about this issue but maybe not. I thougt Toshiba customer service reps see this message board?

van_man

I got a call from Toshiba today about the A-Team Blu-Ray chapter screen randomly displaying during the movie.  They have identified the issue and also found it in a few other movies.  They are sending this issue to Toshiba in Japan to get a firmware update.  They had no idea when this would be available, but stated to watch for an update.  Hopefully it is relatively soon.

ben996

cheers for the info, i hopes it fixes the alien anthology pop up menu,

djrmc24

I am glad to hear that Toshiba has found out about this flaw in their product and hopefully we will get a firmware upgrade soon for our BDX1100 Blu Ray Players.

paul_tose_euro

I'm experiencing the same problem and i've installed the most recent firmware. Also have the same issue "Predators" and the 2010 UK release of "Aliens Anthology", seems strange that these are all 20th Centure Fox releases (as are "The A Team" and "Avatar". I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with these issues and starting to wish i'd never bothered investing in blu-ray

ben996

i hear they are bringing out another update, well, in your own time toshiba, we don't buy blu rays to see the scene selection pop up every 5 seconds

djrmc24

@ Paul don't get frusturated because Blu Ray players are way above dvd players it's just frusturating that a big huge company like Toshiba didn't test proof this before releasing their blu ray player. So when they do send out their new firmware upgrade hopefully that will fix the scene selection pop up on all 20th century fox movies. It is annoying and it does ruin the movie experience when watching those films by 20th century fox.