mecdatlanta

How to suppress title menu on Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder

Hi,

This is the second time that I am typing this post since the first time I was swept away to a screen where I was asked to accept the terms and conditions of the website, which I did, but then everything in my post was erased after that.   Grrrr....

In brief, I want to suppress the autoamtic creation of the title menu when creating DVDs.  I should be able to pop a DVD into any player and have it start playing immediately.  Instead, I have to fumble for the remote (and my young kids can't figure it out when I am not there) to then press ok/go/etc.  Surely there is a way to suppress the auto creation of the title menu.  If not, I am going to have to send this otherwise decent DVD recorder back to Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

mecdatlanta

Re: How to suppress title menu on Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder

To be clear, I am trying to record DVDs on the DR430 that, when inserted into other DVD players will automatically start playing.  Instead, DVDs are presenting a title menu that requires action on the part of the viewer.

Thanks for your help.

mecdatlanta

I am really hoping that someone can help me out with this.   If someone knows how to turn off the automatic creation of the title menu so that recorded DVDs will just start playing, I would be most grateful.

mecdatlanta

Hello again everyone,

I am convinced that someone on this board has figured this issue out.  Since Toshiba's documentation and knowledge centers don't address it, and since Toshiba offers no call-in support, this is my only hope in getting a resolution.

Please, the experts (and even non-experts) of this board -- if you know how to record DVDs that auto play when inserted into players, please let me know how!

Thanks in advance!

mecdatlanta

Please -- somebody answer me on this.  I can't find the answer anywhere else and since Toshiba doesn't offer support for this DVD recorder, I have no other venue than this one.

My patience is turning to anger with Toshiba's unwillingness to chime in on this matter.  As a matter of fact, my upcoming laptop purchase will defintely be influenced by Toshiba's unwillingness to offer assistance on a product that I sent them money for (and that I am about to send back).  Yes, I am the customer Toshiba.  Where are you my absent friend ????????????????????

mecdatlanta

Unit is going back to Amazon as defective.  I don't know how anyone could make a DVD recorder that doesn't make DVDs that play automatically. Unbelievable.

Peter

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It had only been two days, and once a thread gets a response (even though it was your own response), I don't get to it as soon.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. I have let my superior know about the feature request, although I know that doesn't help you right now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and good luck in the future.

- Peter