buyerwalter

How to dub (copy) VHS tapes to DVDs (DVR670KU)

Josh @ Toshiba Tech Support (800-631-3811) gave these instructions which worked for us.  Note: first VHS tape we tried ejected immediately.  Second VHS tape we tried stayed in and dubbing worked.

- turn DVR670KU on
- press DVD button
- press Input Select button and choose "L1"
- insert blank DVD
- press Rec Mode button and choose mode (ex: SP)
- press VCR button
- insert VHS tape
- press Play button
- press Pause button
- press Dubbing button
- unit automatically begins VCR to DVD dubbing and displays "DB" on front panel
- press Stop button when done

Aguahondo

Re: How to dub (copy) VHS tapes to DVDs (DVR670KU) ALSO WORKS ON DVR620KU

Thanks - Fixed same problem with DVR620KU

akglover

Re: How to dub (copy) VHS tapes to DVDs

I have the same dubbing issue with the DVR19DTKB2. All sets up as per the manual, but when I click the dubbing button, I just get the red record light and red DB on display flashing on the display panel and the red circle with a line through showing on the TV screen. I have tried several blank DVD-R discs so dont think its them although that is rather how it looks? Any tips?

Looking4help2

Re: How to dub (copy) VHS tapes to DVDs

[ Edited ]

same issue here...when I press dubbing get the same error msg as above

MerryA2

Re: How to dub (copy) VHS tapes to DVDs (DVR670KU)

Will the vcr tape be playing on the tv while it's dubbing? or can you watch something else while it is dubbing? My son finally got a vcr to dvd to dub, but it was playing on the tv the whole time? Very confusing, but I like the idea that you can dub to dvd.

CharMarie

This did not work for me.  It is intermittent - one out of 9 tries works - not in succession.  I have a DVR620KU but the problems is similar according to all of the posts.  Sorry to bother you - I have spent hours trying to figure this out, including calling tech service which did not get me a real person.

johnss10

Hi,

I have the DVR620KU and it works great however when i dub (vhs to DVD) it runs for about 3-10min and then powers down.  then i have to power it back on and do it again.....same thing happens.

any ideas?

it is a brand new unit.  it worked great for about 8 VHS conversions to DVD but it started doing this.

thanks,

john

Peter

Because you're performing the same task and it's now starting to behave like this, I'd say it sounds like a faulty unit perhaps. You could try making a warranty claim.

- Peter
martin001

i did this on a 620 not 670, the instructions are incomplete for a 620, and then the dvd had no files on it

help

martin001@juno.com

btw this was not in the manual and it should have been

Denisetwin

I purchased the DVR670KU.  Plays back VCR fine, plays DVD fine.  Am trying to use it to dub today and using the instructions above I can get it to START the dubbing, but after 5 to 10 seconds, the VCR tape clicks off and the DVD writes to disk.  The entire unit freezes for about 2 minutes and then it ejects the VCR tape.  I've tried different tapes, different discs etc.  nothing seems to help.  Is there anything I can do?

Denisetwin

I am wrong above, I tried just playing a VCR tape and it does the same, plays for a few seconds and then turns off the entire unit.  When I turn it back on it ejects the tape.