Sobegirl

Dvr620ku - DVD wont play back on other devices

Help! I can record a VCR to DVD on the DVR620KU & it autofinalizes, but when I go to play the recorded DVD on other devices (my computer or other DVD players) it won't play. Any suggestions or help is appreciated as this is frustrating.

Peter

Re: Dvr620ku - DVD wont play back on other devices

Are you sure it's autofinalizing? Have you tried finalizing it manually?

- Peter
Sobegirl

Yes I am sure it is auto finalizing as it showed on the tv screen after it got done recording. 

John824

I had the same problem.  Only those DVD's that were full went to auto-finalize and then could be played on another computer.  Partially filled DVD's did not finalize when the DVR went to auto-stop after the VHS tape had several minutes of non-recorded tape or when I hit the Stop button.  The DVR appeared to have finalized the DVD, but when I checked the disc information using Roxio DVD software, the full DVD's showed as "closed" with 4 zones of data.  The partially filled DVD's showed as "open" with only 3 zones of data, indicating that they had not been finalized.  The Roxio software could not finalize those discs.  Unfortunately, I got so frustrated with the DVR and took it back to the dealer.  I now have many DVD's that I apparently cannot finalize.  Is there  a program that can be used to finalize those DVD's since they represent many hours of transferring from VHS tapes?

There was another thread on this forum back in June 2011, where the same problem was encountered and a Toshiba rep said to just re-load the DVD into DVR620 and finalize the DVD.  Don't know if that worked for the original poster, but I do not have that option since I returned the DVR. 

Peter

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any such software.

- Peter