Apota

DVR620KU - Recording Error

I'm getting the following error message:

E 27

Recording Error
This program is not recordable in Video
mode.

I'm trying to record to DVD-R and I used to be able to do it as far as I can remember.  So, I changed it from Video Mode to VR Mode and I still get the same error message.  So, I went and got DVD-RW and I got the same error message in Video Mode, so I changed it to VR Mode and it seems to be recording now.  How come I can no longer record to DVD-R media?  I changed to different types of DVR-R media but I still got the same error message.  The manual says the message just comes up with DVD-RW media and to change from Video to VR modes, and that did work, but I didn't want to record to DVD-RW media, I wanted to recored to DVD-R media but it won't anymore no matter what mode you are in.  Thanks for your help and time!

Apota

Re: DVR620KU - Recording Error

Well, when I tried playing the DVD back on my computer nothing happened, but it plays back on my Toshiba DVD Recorder.  I need to make DVDs on the DVD recorder and play them back on my computer.  I finalized the disc, too. So, I don't know what's wrong. I guess the computer won't play back discs that are done in VR mode.  I don't understand, it used to record in Video mode on the DVD-R discs.  Please help.  Thanks!

Peter

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
Superboy27

I'm getting the same error. Has anyone found a way to solve it? I tried contacting the support number but apparently there are no actual people to talk to.