dave11156

DVR620 record Mode can't change ?

Still learning this new machine and the basics of operation but either there is a problem with it or me

I can't change the record mode speed, I think I have tried all options as the manual shows

still nothing, everything else works ok, could it be the disc ?

Peter

Re: DVR620 record Mode can't change ?

How are you attempting to change recording modes. What happens?

- Peter
dave11156

Peter

I found the problem, it was me being dumb.Wrong button. All is working fine, The VHS to

DVD look outstanding

I have other question, I can't seem to pause the DVD recording when dubbing from VHS ?

Is there a way to pause without stopping playback of the VHS and restarting to edit out

sections ?

Peter

Not that I know of, but I do not have a lot of experience with it.

- Peter
tojo45

Hello, I saw the original posters question and I have the same issue.  Trying to change the recording duration for the DVD from the default of 2 hours.  

The manual is sort of vague on the steps but I think I have tried the option it supplies and cannot change the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tojo45

Sorry, I should have listed the steps I am going thru.  And also add that I can't figure out how to change the RECORD MODE for the VCR side either.

1.  I insert a blank DVD

2.  The display shows 2:00:00

3.  On Page 34 of the manual with a heading of INFORMATION ON  DVD RECORDING it shows a table with the various recording time settings where the RECORDING MODE of XP equals a RECORDING TIME of 1 hour but does not show any steps to change the setting.

On page 13 it shows the RECORD MODE button as being for the VCR FUNCION.

I want to figure out how to use the XP mode to get the best picture quality.

Again, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Page 37 seems to imply that the recording mode button will change the mode for DVD also.

On page 40 it explains how to do it for timer recordings.

- Peter
tojo45

Thanks for the reply.

I did see the timer recording page shows how to change the recording mode but, but I'm copying from vhs to DVD and it doesn't seem I should need to set a timer just to copy.

Especially when I don't want to copy the whole tape, just selected parts of it.   

The earlier poster appears to have figured it out but I wish he had posted his solution.

If it is not possible to change the recording mode another way for DVDs I'll probably be returning the unit, which I really don't want to do.

tojo45

Well, now I know how the first poster felt.  Duh!  It does exactly what the books says it does.   I'd like to call "senior moment" if you'll let me.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Peter

It's no problem at all. How did you get it working?

- Peter
jlacy12

You just did what the first poster did, and never explained how you fixed the problem.  Please help!  I'm losing my mind over here.  How do I change the recording mode so that I can record in XP, SP, etc.?

jlacy12

NEVERMIND! I had the same problem as the last two people hahaaaa.  I feel like an idiot.

For everyone in the future that is reading this:

1. Press the Green DVD button above "Rec" on your remote

2. Press "display" above the arrow keys on remote

3. Press "rec mode" under the orange "VCR" button on remote until you have the desired record more (XP, SP, LP, EP, SLP)

-Joe

rey123

Hello .. I need to know if you can use the same unit to play a VHS tape and record it on DVD .. I have not been successful even if the saleman say I should be able to .. thanks for help in advance.

Regular Advisor
RLangston

Yes, you can use DVD Dubbing to do what you describe. Note that the VHS tape should not be a commercially released movie tape, since those cannot be copied. Be sure that INPUT SELECT is set to L1 or L2 and is not set to L3. Be sure that you have a recordable DVD in place, and that your unit is set for VHS->DVD dubbing. See pages 50-51 in the manual for more details.

Note that you can't use the timer for DVD Dubbing.

rey123

thank you much.

rey123

I have one other question ...I was able to get the Dubbing (VCR->DVD) working ... however, although I set the Recording Mode to SP (2:00 hours), DVD stops recording after approx. 30 minutes with the following error message:

"Can not record on this disc) .. E 6 5c030200

I am using a DVD -R ... I can play back what is recorded ... what am I doing wrong?

Occasional Contributor
stevrob4

I am a new owner of a Toshiba DUR620KU.

I try jiacy 12 posted back in 07/31/2012 and it didn't work with my machine.

I can't read between the line in the manual, so does anyone out there know what buttons to push in what order to get

the record sped change from SP to XP or XP to SP.  Thanks to everyone who reads this thread and comes up with

correct answers.   Robert/Vermont

Regular Advisor
RLangston

As described on p.37 of the manual (step 4), press the REC MODE button on the remote. Each time you press, a different record mode (XP, SP, LP, EP, SLP) will be displayed on your TV. When you see the mode you want, stop pressing REC MODE.

The above is for DVD recording. For VHS recording, it's the same except you don't get as many choices for record speed (SP and  SLP only).

DrTCH

This has been happening to me with my DR430 model for a week or so (the "Bad Disc" messages). It can be a bad disc...or--assuming you have cleaned the lens, and rebooted the unit, and no change, may mean your unit is DOA. Mine is still working, intermittently...especially if I DON[T use the PAUSE button, but this is truly a bitch.

Even worse, is that apparently Toshiba is no longer making the regular DVD recorder models. I an truly pissed, to be honest.

Hopefully, we can back to normal operation with this 620 model, but I have reservations. I feel betrayed, frankly.

rey123 wrote:

I have one other question ...I was able to get the Dubbing (VCR->DVD) working ... however, although I set the Recording Mode to SP (2:00 hours), DVD stops recording after approx. 30 minutes with the following error message:

"Can not record on this disc) .. E 6 5c030200

I am using a DVD -R ... I can play back what is recorded ... what am I doing wrong?