mrobert

Cannot dub from VHS to DVD

I am using a DVRS620KU

I have been trying for weeks to copy my old VHS tapes to DVD discs, but I always get a red stop sign.

I have read the manual over and over and I am sure that I am following all the required steps.

Peter

Re: Cannot dub from VHS to DVD

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
mrobert

I tried calling this number several times,  it leads to a message saying to check the acclaimtoshiba web site for answers, no option is given to speak to an agent.

Peter

I apologize for that. Let me try to help. Is there an error message that appears? Can you give me, as specifically as possible, what steps you're taking? (Press this on the remote, then select that menu, etc.)

- Peter
lmf7362

[ Edited ]

I am having the same exact problem.  I have old VHS tapes I want to archive onto DVD.  I was able to do one, but the next time I tried I kept getting the red stop sign.  I tried several different tapes and had the same problem.  There is no error message, just the red circle with slash through it.

Peter

If you're doing the exact same thing, it sounds like a hardware error. Try leaving the device unplugged over night to reset.

- Peter