qqq444

Can You Control TV and DVD With One Remote?

Just bought a Toshiba 32C110U TV and a Blue Ray DVD BDX2150.  Is there any way to control both devices with either remote control?  The clerk at the store said there was but I was wondering if anyone knew so it would save me hours of browsing documentation.  Thank you.

Peter

Re: Can You Control TV and DVD With One Remote?

Yes, you will be able to use your TV remote to control the Blu-ray player as well if it's connected via HDMI.

First, make sure the Blu-ray player is connected via HDMI.

Then enable it on the Blu-ray player. In the Blu-ray player's "Settings" menu, select "System." Select "CEC Support" and change it to "On."

The TV's remote should then be able to control the Blu-ray player as well!

- Peter
wd8dsb

Peter,

Wow, thanks a bunch for the information on controlling a DVD player using the TVs remote control.  I spent over 2 hours yesterday with Toshiba phone support, and they kept telling me my Toshiba BDX2150 Blue Ray player could not be controlled by my Toshiba TV (24SL410U) remote control.  They kept telling me the BDX2150 was not Regza.

I noticed that none of the Toshiba Blue Ray players said anything about having Regza capabilities in their datasheets which I thought was odd, but they did mention "CEC".

Toshiba phone support never mentioned anything about "CEC", but that was the clue that I needed to get my TV remote control capable of controlling my Blue Ray player.

Thanks for the excellent posting and excellent instructions on enabling CEC on the Blue Ray player (works great).

Don

Peter

Don,

I'm glad it worked for you! Thanks so much for the feedback!

- Peter