kelseyv

BDX3400KU wifi connection problems

I recently bought this blu-ray player through best buy because the salesman recommended it instead of a roku. I bought it to use mainly for netflix since I canceled my Directv last month. At first everything was working fine and then my device decided to automatically update itself and now it will no longer connect to wifi. It won't even pick up my router information even though wifi works perfectly throughout the house on other devices. I have pretty much tried everything I can to fix I even restored all the default settings and started from scratch. I am extremely irritated with this product and can say that if I cannot find a fix for it or get help from technical support without them acting like I am an extreme idiot I will never purchase another Toshiba product again. If anyone could provide assistance pertaining to this problem with the wifi I would be forever grateful.

Peter

Re: BDX3400KU wifi connection problems

You may want to make a warranty claim.

- Peter
kilo6304

Hi Peter

Stating to warranty claim the player is not acceptable.

I too have a BDX3400KU, wifi connection was working perfectly until I turned it on yesterday.

I now get connection failed error messages, as well, I also get the error message AP not installed.

I did not run any updates as this was done a few weeks back.

To me it sounds like the BDX3400KU does not see the built in wireless adapter anymore and would require a reboot or driver update.

I have restored to defaults with no luck.

I am currently using the Ethernet port, and that works fine.

Toshiba, you need to take a look at these types of situations, the player is fantastic (if it works).

Thanks.

swoop711

I just bought one and it cannot find my wireless router.  All other devices in my house can connect without issue.  Thought I was getting a good system but I guess now.

tatyss

hello buy a bluray bdx3400ku by Amazon a month ago ... but will not connect to wifi
now stops playing and freezes the image, and sometimes I want to turn and does not work ... Toshiba live in Venezuela and Venezuela does not have this model so they can not help me.
I would like them to fix my problem or at least it changed me for the most similar model to have here in Venezuela ... the serial number of my product is D14a PU95 00 7465
was sold by Toshiba America information system Inc . 1651 Glenn Curtiss for amazon.com that was where I buy it.
I really hope you can help me , I will not lose money but return to America is expensive and it would be nice to know that a company like Toshiba can give international support consumers deserve . in advance thank you very much .

Peter

tatyss, warranty claims are only processed online from the link I posted above. Unfortunately, I don't believe shipping to/from Venezuela is accepted.

- Peter
Maggie74

Hi! I have experience exactly the same, did you figure it out? cause I am about to return it as well .. so frustrating

kitkit1795

[ Edited ]

My problem is almost the same. The player sees two of my neighbors wireless networks but it doesn't see mine which is only about a foot away. Everything else in the house has no problem connecting to my wireless router. Have an iPad 3, Asus Transformer Prime tablet, Nook HD+, Samsung Galaxy Victory phone, and they all connect no problem.

Edit: This could be the reason why wifi isn't working at all for some people. http://youtu.be/koz5YRUMHNA

mspurdy

I seem to be having the same problems. We have had our player for just under a month and all of a sudden it will not connect. It says "connection fail" for everything. We received this as a wedding gift and it is very irritating that not only we cannot use it but that someone spent money on this for us. I feel there needs to be a solution to this. I have reset it to factory settings and it will still find our wireless on the display but it will not connect no matter what we try. 

sevenbelow

I have this blu ray player as well. If I connect the ethernet cord directly from my modem it works great and I can access Netflix and the other things this player offers. I used to be able to connect wirelessly via my router but now it never connects. I've moved the router to many different areas in the house to make sure that there wasn't any interference between the router and player, but that didn't solve any connection issues. I've reset Netflix on the player, I've unplugged it for more than fifteen minutes many times but I still have this issue. I can't return the player as it was a gift. This is unfortunate because I've owned many Toshiba products and have loved them all. It looks like I'm going to have to purchase a different player.