MortenGuldager

BDX2400 lost the NETFLIX app

My BDX2400 has stopped showing the Netflix icon in its portal. I suspect this has started with an auto update some weeks ago.

Now come the odd part: If I, after discovering netflix is missing, go back to the menus and look around, not changing anything. and then go back to the portal, I am sometimes lucky to get the Netflix icon back. 

Also worth of noticing, the portal almost always asks me to go through its setup dialog where it among other things ask me to accept the end user agreements - like it forgets to save its "configuration"

Ah yes, I own two identical BDX2400 boxes, both are showing the same symptoms.

jamesuk78

Re: BDX2400 lost the NETFLIX app

i am having the same problem have also emailed toshiba and got no reposnce will be returning to argos tomorrow for a refund will never buy a toshiba product again.

Peter

Thanks for the reports. I'll look into it. In the meantime, ensure your players are fully up-to-date.

Updating firmware on Symbio Media Box and Blu-ray player Document ID: 4001520 Posted Date: 2013-05-2...

jamesuk78, we don't have a customer support e-mail address.

- Peter
jamesuk78

(QUOTE):  In the meantime, ensure your players are fully up-to-date.

are you serious????? its because of the update we are having this problem the units were working fine until the auto upate!!!

how about you give us the old firmware back ie a downgrade???

jim5et

Hi Peter

I've also logged this issue with support.  the BBC iPlayer has also vanished from the portal, so we have no meaningful streaming options now

Please can we have an update ASAP?

Thanks

Jim

jamesuk78

QUOTE:jamesuk78, we don't have a customer support e-mail address.

SO WHATS THIS THEN PETER???

https://re-web-02.toshiba-tro.de/jetservice/en/email-support_uk.php

Peter

That doesn't appear to be Toshiba USA, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. Toshiba operates separately in each region.

- Peter
MortenGuldager

Peter wrote:

That doesn't appear to be Toshiba USA, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. Toshiba operates separately in each region.

Ohh, Isee, hadn'tnoticedbefore, IshouldhavementionedthatIaminDenmarkandthiscouldindeedbealocalization issue. StillIexpectalltheonlinedependenciestobedeliveredfromthesameToshibaserversomewhereoutthereinthecloud.

Peter, any progress on reproducing the behavior in a controlled environment?