killalot100

Re: BDX2150 shutting off while playing USB movie

I have the same exact problem. Hoping they fix this soon.

Occasional Contributor
Prime_8

i have found diff' codecs have better or worse support for fastforward .

only random testing as i'm not going to wast time transcoding everything just to get something to play . 

the media browsing system only realy works for USB , though it looks like it should work for network attached media , i only ever got it to play video 1 time over LAN . 

netflix browser is barely better than my Wii , but the picture is about the same 

i set my screen saver for 20 , cuz if you set it for more and you dont hit info on your remote fast enough , you may not be able to shuttel back to same spot (depending on codec) 

the latest firmwear is the one on the download site and probably in your info (in player ) LOL

I'm tempted to DL the firmwear to USB , and do a USB flash to same version . LOL as some do this and others dont . 

That said it plays DVD & BR  very well .   

arcticmonster

This model is the biggest piece of waste I have bought, other than my samsung DVD player.

Connection doesn't work right, it's SLOW, USB shut off while watching it.  

Watching a blue ray, can't go on BD live as it always says, it's not connected to the internet, but NETFLIX works.

last i checked, I had the latest firmware.

waalaa

Yup, Same here, powers off with dvd & usb, It's clearly a piece of sh*t, I just contacted toshiba tech support, he stated they never heard of this problem prior to my call, lol, the gave me a reference #, I'll probably grow old before I hear back from them, I will never purchase another toshiba product not because of this existing problem but because of the fact of them "playing dumb" about the whole situation, some support ! own up to it toshiba! to many people with the same problem, what would a recall cost?:smileyfrustrated:

3cwired

i have this same problem, and it is very frustrating, and of course i never remember to turn it off, as the movie gets good and i lose track of time.

wonders when a firmware update will be available, otherwise im trashing this unit.

cowst

any news?

and btw, when it turns off i can turn it on only by unplugging and replugging it.

the remote is totally useless and pushing the soft buttons blinks for a moment and goes back to blue "off".

AnthonyHall

This issue occurs on the bdx2300 as well. It even shuts down while watching a blu-ray disk.

I called tech support and told me they never head of this problem. Well I call bs on this. One of my friends actually bought one and we tested on his.. same issue on his end.

It is totally unacceptable from Toshiba's part to sell "malfunctioning" units and to ignore the issues. At least if it doesn't fully support external medias don't put false information in specifications..

Trading my BR player for another brand or getting a refund tomorrow, I'm never touching a Toshiba blu-ray player again.

Stallion5150

If you do trade in for another unit.
if i may suggest

Sony or Samsung

my Sony BDP-S380 plays ALl types of media   MKV in any format and bitrate, and xvid dvix and Mp4.

my GF has a samsung that hasnt been updated for 2 years and it plays All files fine.

The BDX series from toshiba need to be recalled.