Twitchie
Accepted Solution

BDX2150 Wireless Connection Problem

So I purchased a BDX2150 BD player knowig that I needed to purchase a wireless adapter to connect it to my home's wireless network. No biggie. I purchased a Netgear wireless N adapter. It works just fine on one of our laptops, but not the BD player. I read somewhere that there's a super secret Toshiba adapter that this machine will only work with. Is this true? If so, where can one be found? Their site is less than helpful. Seems rather archaic to need a brand-specific adapter...which is NOT stated on the box when purchased. I knew an adapter would be needed, but some double secret probation adapter wasn't mentioned. TIA!

funkyrocket

Re: BDX2150 Wireless Connection Problem

Yes, as a matter of fact there is a special, super wham-a-dyne internet adapter that you have to buy for this unit. After searching myself online, I finally found someone selling the unit that had a complete description of it. You need the WLM-10NB1 adapter made by Toshiba. Of course, the few places I've found that sell it don't have it in stock and it's sold for the low low price of $50.... Don't worry, I'm disappointed also that I could have bought a little bit more expensive bluray player that had everything ready to go and probably would have spent less money in the long run. There's other little things about this unit you probably don't know about too, but I'll let you have the fun of figuring those out if you ever happen to run into those issues. 

Twitchie

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! I did a quick search for that adapter and found it out of stock at CompUSA and Crutchfield. It was not found at all at PriceWatch, TigerDirect, or Newegg. The prices ranged from $50-$80. That's pretty ridiculous given the state of technlogy with wireless adapters and the price of BluRay players that have integrated wifi. With the price of this adapter + the price of the player, I could have gotten a very nice BD player. I've loved Toshiba in the past. Apparently Steve Jobs gave them some product advice before he died.

leenfrewin

You can also buy it from the Toshiba website.

It costs more than I paid for the actual blu ray player.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=509276

maureenm1

I am trying to connect blu ray to netflix. Netflix is asking for an acivation code.  Where do I find this code?  I have connected HDMI to TV and Blu ray, but cannot set up Netflix without this code.

Pilkster

Hi:

I am very confused. I have a wireless network and have connected my blueray dvd but I also wanted to connect my computer to it and run other shows through it.

Am I nuts to think this is possible? LOL

Help.......

Thanx