Exuno

BDK33 Loading Screen then goes black Westinghouse VR-4090

I just bought a Westinghouse VR-4090 HDTV with 1080 capability, and 3 HDMI ports.
I bought the Toshiba BDK33 Blu-Ray player with wifi streaming because I wanted it for the YouTube and Hulu capabilities.

The device loads up, and after about 2 seconds of seeing "Blu-Ray Toshiba", it goes black and the tv displays "1080p 60" and it's black. Now, I have tried resetting the tv settings, and I have tried different ports,
As well as trying different HDMI cables. The player works fine on other tvs... And I've spent an hour talking to Westinghouse support, and they're saying it's toshibas issue. I am stuck now, and don't
Know why it's not working... I am very tech savvy so I know the support routes and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas???
BlackWidowNor

Re: BDK33 Loading Screen then goes black Westinghouse VR-4090

I'd love an answer to this as well.

I bought the BDK33KU and a Sansui SLED2453W and have the exact same issue.

I work at a tv repair shop, I'm carting all this mess to the shop tomorrow.  I'm going to hook the TV up to an HDMI generator and see if the HDMI ports have issues.  Then I'm going to hook the blu-ray player up to a known working unit and see if it plays.  Which ever has the issue is going back.

We do warranty work for both Toshiba and Sansui and SOMEONE in servicer tech support for one (or both) is going to get an ear full from one peev'd off technician.

Also... just to let someone know - phone support hung up on me twice - and the girl I talked to about a replacement insisted I go to acclaim.toshiba.com to initiate a replacement and insisted that links where on the main page when they weren't.  Maybe she should have asked me what browser I was using (I use FireFox).  Toshiba should get it's act together and make it's support page accessable to ALL browsers.  Not everyone uses IE (gag).

wherethebuffalo

Same issue here - Sceptre 40" X409 - the Toshiba BDK33 comes up to the loading screen, then goes black. 

I can plug in a Dell laptop HDMI and it pops up fine on the Sceptre. 

I can get the BDK33 to show up on on an Emerson LC320EM2 and got it to connect to the network and pull down the latest update and install it.  It appears to work fine on that machine.  I took it back to the Sceptre and it did the same thing.

golney86

Ditto for the same Sceptre TV but with Toshiba BDX2300KU. TV works fine with cable box and Xbox but identical problem with Bluray player. The Bluray worked perfectly on my old Sony Bravia. Called Sceptre and only answer was a "compatibility issue". Called Toshiba and was sent here... Tried unplugging TV and Bluray player multiple times with no result. Only idea is HDCP issue but seems to be confirmed that it's not on the TV's side.

Stelmilt15

Exuno wrote:
I just bought a Westinghouse VR-4090 HDTV with 1080 capability, and 3 HDMI ports.
I bought the Toshiba BDK33 Blu-Ray player with wifi streaming because I wanted it for the YouTube and Hulu capabilities.

The device loads up, and after about 2 seconds of seeing "Blu-Ray Toshiba", it goes black and the tv displays "1080p 60" and it's black. Now, I have tried resetting the tv settings, and I have tried different ports,
As well as trying different HDMI cables. The player works fine on other tvs... And I've spent an hour talking to Westinghouse support, and they're saying it's toshibas issue. I am stuck now, and don't
Know why it's not working... I am very tech savvy so I know the support routes and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas???

I am having the same exact problem, I also have a Westinghouse television, same model too, I went to use the player on another television in the house and it worked just fine, so I tried a different port on the Westinghouse television and the same problem arose, until I let it sit for a moment while I sifted through the troubleshooting portion of the manual, the screen then came back online asking to perform an update to the server(With a Ethernet cable connected during all of this of course) so I accepted and the upgrade was successful and the screen finally worked, of course I did all of this an hour before I had to go to work so I shut it down and left, when I came back, prepared to watch a movie with friends, I turned it on and the issue arose again, as if nothing had changed.

jbsaug

I am having the same problem with my Sceptre 32 in LED TV.  The Sceptre webpage is useless with any type of actual help with the issue, and I am surprised if so many are having issues why a simple firmware fix hasn't been made available.  I spent about 10 hours trying to get it to work over the holiday.  I hook it up to my 55 inch Toshiba TV and it works perfectly fine, then go back to the Sceptre and after about 10 seconds the screen goes black again.

Exuno

I see a moderator removed my last post about calling Toshiba out on their lack of customer support. Nice Business Ethics.