bamneal

Audio distortion

I have a  BDX2250KU hooked up to my Toshiba Regza utilizing an HDMI cable.  During playback of any disc about and hour and thirty minutes into the movie, the sound becomes distorted.  I have tried to change settings to clear it up.  It seems the only thing that corrects it so I may continue watching a movie is to stop, manually advance to the chapter, fastforward to the point of the movie where the distortion occurs and it plays through to the end of the movie.  This is very disappointing and aggrevating.  How may I correct this issue?

Peter

Re: Audio distortion

What's the model number of your TV? Does it happen while watching TV as well or only while watching a disc in the Blu-ray player? You might want to try using a different HDMI port as well.

- Peter
Spoggy

Exactly the same problem here. For over a year we've had a 42" regza ( 42AV635D ) connected to an XBox via HDMI (1) and has given us repeated sound problems after varying lengths of time but normally around an hour. It's difficult to describe the sound but it becomes incredibly distorted, almost robotic and certainly unlistenable. The solution has been to turn the TV on and off again until it happens again.

We've also had an old sky TV box connected via a SCART cable and it's never given the same problem, however today we've upgraded to a newer sky+ box and connected via HDMI(2) and we now have the same sound problems whilst watching TV.

Is there a known solution to this problem ?

Peter

I don't have information on that model because it isn't from the US region. However, see if there's a factory reset ability in the menu and try it. If there isn't, try resetting the TV by unplugging it from power for a few minutes. If neither of those help, contact Toshiba support in your region.

- Peter
Jim_Nelson

TOSHIBA REGZA LED 46". 2 YEARS OLD.HORRIBLE DISTORTION SOUND FROM SPEAKERS AFTER ABOUT 20 MINUTES.POWER CYCLE IS STOPS IT ONLY A TEMPORARY FIX. DISCONNECTED HDMI CABLE BACK TO RCA AND THE CONCERN HAS BEEN ADDRESSED. NEEDS A NEW MOTHER BOARD WHICH THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT SELL ME. TOSHIBA BAD SONY GOOD. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS CONCERN????

Jim_Nelson

PICTURE QUALITY SUFFERS GREATLY WHEN NOT USING THE HDMI CABLE,FORGOT TO MENTION. TECH  SUPPORT NO HELP AS THEY SAY ITS NOT A PROBLEM. PARTS SUPPLY STORE SAID BOARD NOT AVAILABLE. TECH SUPPORT SAID TO TAKE IT IN. WHAT IF I CAN REPLACE THE BOARD MYSELF,TV REPAIRMAN IN THE FAMILY,BUT CANT BUY THE MOTHER BOARD WHICH TOSHIBA I FEEL OWES ME AND WONT SELL ME.

JohnMB

I have a 2009 46SV670U Regza HDTV and play a 2012 Blu-Ray Toshiba BDX5300KU by HDMI and when I play a dvd disk or Blu-Ray disk audio distortion begins about an hour in play. The only way to stop it is to pause play for a few minutes and then play again till about another hour and it repeats the distortion again. This is VERY AGGRAVATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called a repair service and they told me to contact Toshiba. My Son & Daughter inlaw had the same problems with their Toshiba players and she got a technician to come out and fix the problem but what can I do?

AngelaOliver

Re: Audio distortion 46SV670U

FYI... I am having a similar issue. My TV audio becomes garbled just randomly and the only way to fix it is to turn the set off & back on again. It is starting to do this more frequently and once I turned it on and there as no sound at all. For about an hour I couldn't get it back and then all of a sudden turning it off & back on did work. I believe this model has a defect.