Korris

no charge and unable to run via power adapter

I have a Qosmio x505 that wont recognize either of the AC chargers I have for it, one which is under a week old. In other words, the computer will only operate off the battery, but the battery will not charge because the computer won't accept the power adapters. I got the computer in febuary, im wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if there is a solution. 

santo98rini

Re: no charge and unable to run via power adapter

I am writing from Istanbul.

I heard this problem from my friends also..

Good Luck....

Super Advisor
brad

get the machine fixed by toshiba before the warranty ends.

Rehan

Im having the exact same problem with my two months old Satellite A660... any1 knows of a solution
padant

I had the same problem, but I'll restate it for clarification. A good power supply would not light the power indicator on the laptop and would not operate the laptop. After the battery was exausted, I could not run the laptop any more. The laptop was purchased in Jan. 2011 and had the problem in August. I put the laptop into repair service and was told they needed to replace the motherboard and some component, (not the power supply).

Just today my laptop started experiencing the same problem so I will need to put it back into repair. I contacted Toshiba to see if there was any alerts published on the problem but they said no alerts.

I'm seeing more people who have experience this problem which may indicate there might be a problem with the first generation motherboards. I'll check with the repair depot to see if they are replacing the motherboard wtih the exact same model or an update and let you know.

The bottom line is get it to a repair shop ASAP, it's not a simple problem.

Dave226

Thanks for the info on this. This sounds like the same problem that a friend of mine has been experiencing.  I will let him know to get it in for service immediately.  Will let you know what he tells me.  Thanks again.