plankton
Accepted Solution

my laptop wont charge

i have a toshiba l300 satellite pro only got couple of weeks ago and when i try to charge it it does nothing all i get get when i put in the ac adapter is a green flashing power cord light and a orange flashing battery light i also hear a tiny tick everytime they light up. please can someone shed some light on this problem?

Peter

Re: my laptop wont charge

What's your full model number? It should be on a label on the bottom.

- Peter
plankton

the model number is PSLB9A-02L001. and should the laptop still work without the battery while still plugged into the adapter?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Satellite Pro L300 PSLB9A-02L001 Specifications

Satellite Pro L300 PSLB9A-02L001 Downloads

Flashing lights with your AC and battery usually indicate a charging problem. Could be a bad battery, a bad power supply, or just need reset and/or reseat of your battery. And, yes, your system should work with the AC plugged in and the battery removed.

But, let's just try a system reset. Power off the laptop, unplug the AC from the unit, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, power on, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo, press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, and then boot into Windows.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

6family

I am having the same problem. I have unplugged the adapter and taken out the battery. I push the power button and held for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in, plugged in the adapter and it still will not come on. I replaced the adapter with a new one about a month ago. It worked fine until Monday.
Super Advisor
miker643

Same problem being what? It won't start? It won't charge? What lights do you see? What noises if any do you hear? Does the fan spin? Does the hard drive light come on? What's your exact model number? Version of Windows?

Mike

6family

My laptop will not turn on. I have tried reset the computer but it still doesn't power on. When the adapter and plugged in and battery is in the battery icon will flash Orange for a few seconds then stop. I took the battery out and just plugged in the adapter and the battery icon will not flash I replaced the battery and plugged in the adapter then the battery icon will flash Orange
Super Advisor
miker643

See my post on your other thread. Please don't post the same problem in 2 different threads. I usually notice that sooner! :smileysad:

Mike

mediver

I have a Toshiba Satellite Special Edition Model# PSAGCU-09S01S.  Running windows 7.  The laptop will not charge and at this point will not turn on.  I replaced a bad charger (I tested it with a multimeter) and it still will not charge.  The charger has a steady green light.  The laptop will not turn on with with battery removed.  There are no lights on the computer that are on (chargin light or plugged into power light) either with the battery or batter removed.  The fan is not on and there are no indications that the computer is getting power at all.

All suggestions?

janeta

hi i have toshiba satellite C655D-S5089 windows 7 when i plug the charger into my laptop it wont charge but in my desktop show that its charging and the light i wont turn orange untill i in plug the battery  from my laptop for few second and plug in back the light will turn on the battery  will start charging what to do ??? :smileysad:

benpiper17

hi i have a Toshiba satellite pro and when I put it on charge it will only charge to 56% , but when it is plugged in to the charger it says it has 100% battery? Thanks.

alluuure

Hey Mike, I noticed that I also have this orange blinking light and am never able to use my laptop without it being plugged in for very long. I'm not hearing any whirring noises other than the sound of the laptop fan being on, but I am getting the blinking orange light. I have previously used my computer while it wasn't plugged in but I guess all the battery juice ran out? It won't charge at all. Says it's plugged in but not charging.. would you say it's safe to assume that it's a faulty battery? Because I have had the blinking light since I got it, I just never really needed to unplug my computer to use it until today and it failed me. And can I get a replacement for free since it's been happening since I bought the computer?

chheng

hi! My laptop's battery is dead and i charged it for 3 to 4 hours. it sitll appear orange light. Why it doesn't appear green light ??  Can you answer my questions?? Thank for your Help 

Peter

You might want to try these suggestions:

Resolving battery and power issues

- Peter
Mattman

Same problem here. I have a satellite L855-S5240 laptop. As of four days ago it would only charge when it was completely shut down. Now its not charging at all, the charging light is blinking orange when the battery is inserted, but without it, its blinking white. The warranty has worn off on my laptop, so what can I do? Please help

Regular Advisor
bmurray

did you try any/all of the suggestions provided by Peter?  If so, what (if anything) happened?

what happens when you connect your computer to the power adapter (plugged into a power outlet) w/o the battery?

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Mattman

I got it fixed, turned out it was a motherboard problem because I plugged it in without the battery and it didnt turn on, but I got a new laptop so all is fine. At least the nee one has a 64- bit windows