Yanimie

battery light blinking and power button flashes orange

i am using toshiba satellite p205d-s8804. my battery light keeps blinking with orange color  and power led  flashes orange too. i experiencing problem in charging my battery becoz of this.  i dont know what  the problem is. my ac adapter is plugged properly and my battery is installed. this happens a lot whenever i put my battery and use my adapter as well. but when i try using my ac adapter only, my laptop just shut down after a few minutes. do i have to problems with battery and ac cord? what will i do? i also bought a new adapter but the problem is still there.

Francisco

Re: battery light blinking and power button flashes orange

Hi there! I am having the same issue, I can´t use my computer because of this. I meassured my AC adaptor and it is delivering the 19V as it should, maybe the problem is somewhere else, did you find a solution?  i am desperate! :smileysad:

poppy

On my wife's Laptop the blue on light stays on but the monitor screen is black. When I press the blue light to turn off manually a flashing orange light starts. I have also unplugged the power cord and used the battery and still does the same thing. Please help, Thank you.

Poppy

sassy-k

I have similar problem with Toshiba Tecra A9-S9016x.

I have a problem powering up the laptop. It seems that the only responsive light that indicates any power source is the orange irregulary blinking charger light, which usually glows steady green when computer is plugged into the wall. It seems that the computer got had stuck and cannot read the powersource correctly!

I tried the following:
1.Checked the Power adapter - it is working!
2. Disengaged the battery. Powered the laptop into the reliable outlet. The charger light IRREGUALRY blinks orange instead of glowing green. AND - the laptop does NOT start.
3. Ran the laptop of battery alone. The result is same as a above,  and a blinking light indicated the wrong power source.
4.When I completely unplug any source of power, the blinking orange light goes off completely.

HELP!!!

Steffen

Hello i am an owner of a Toshiba Satelite A215-s4817 and i recently ran into the same problem. I am in a computer support technical class and asked my well educated instructor and he recomended to remove the batter and run it without to see if that works. It works for me so that tells me that it is a bad battery. This is a normal problem because much like alkaline (AA,AAA ect.) batteries they die after a period of time. The main difference with laptop batteries is they last a lot longer. They generally come with a 1 year warrenty so i would deffinetly check into that. But if this did not solve the problem it could be a problem with the outlet or the charger,  beyond that i dont have an idea. I hope this helps.