Tbixler

Toshiba Satellite L755 Won't Turn On

Yesterday I went to get my laptop and when I opened it, it was off and wouldn't turn on. So I called tech support and a very helpful lady had me hold the power button for 20 secs. After that it turned on just fine. Unfortunately I now have to do that all the time. Every time I go to open it after its been closed a while I have to do that just to get it to start up. Is there something else I should do so it stops doing this? Please help me.

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755 Won't Turn On

What's your full model number? "L755" is only partial. It should be on a label on the bottom.

Have you tried using the computer only on battery or only on AC power (with the battery removed)?  Maybe one of the two is causing the problem.

- Peter
PaulKelley

I am having the same problem with a brand new L755-S5170.  I just bought two days ago.  After it goes to sleep it will not restart.  I called help and they said that new computers sometimes have static electricity problems and to remove battery for 30 minutes.  I did do and it started fine only to fail to start after it went to sleep again.  Removed battery for a couple of minutes and it started fine.

What is the issue here?  What are my options re return for defect?

Best, Paul

Super Advisor
miker643

Satellite L755-S5170 Specifications

Satellite L755-S5170 Downloads

Try resetting the power plans to the default. Enter this at an elevated command prompt.

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

PaulKelley

went through a remote session with Toshiba help today.  They updated bios and set power settings but problem came right back.  Something is seriously amiss here with the number of posts about similar problems.  This one is going back to the store.  I am done with Toshiba.  Too much hassle for a new machine.  Not to mention that it was a graduation present and the ensuing disappointment.  Boo Toshiba!

Super Advisor
miker643

If you're not even willing to try the suggestions given here to resolve your problems, why bother to post here in the first place?

Mike

smalltowndude

I have an L755-S7307. Had the same problem. Did the power button thing, and it appeared to power up, but no video. Hooked up an external monitor and it worked. Restarted. All good. Put the laptop back in place. Removed the VGA cable. No video. Don't know why, but I tipped the laptop back, and voila! Video returns. Set it back down - no video. Tip up - video. Down - no video. A short? Moved the laptop back toward the external monitor to plug it back in, and there's my video, whether tipped or not. Moved it back to its original place - no video. Tip. Video. Down. No video. Turns out the "original place" was sitting atop my second Toshiba laptop that I recently acquired for the office. I don't know whether it's a wi-fi thing, an electromagnetic field, or what, but if I put my home laptop on top of my work laptop, I get issues. Freak discovery of the solution, and I'm probably the only one who's ever done this, but I thought I'd post it in case someone else tries it.

Moral: Don't set your laptop on top of another one if you want it to work.

Peter

What an odd problem. Thanks for sharing, smalltowndude.

- Peter
zion

Hi I have been having about the same problem as most of you nothing seem to solve it people and Toshiba said to try. so i wanted to get to the bottom of this problem so i did some test and came up with good  results for most Toshiba laptops (and others) it seems the keyboard go bad YES sounds a bit weird that this shuts down the system on power (boot) up but it does. So replacing or just unplugging your keyboard should Solve it. Hope this helps ...

stefaniTaylorRo

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5242RD that will not start up properly no matter how many times I have tried. It will get to the start up window act like it is coming on then it goes black and nothing happens it there something that I can try to get it to work or just buy another laptop.

stefaniTaylorRo

How can I replace or unplug my keyboard?