Mahmudul

Sattelite L300 Getting restarted when power connected

I am using Toshiba Satellite L300. I just used it for 2 years already.The problem is when I connected to the power supply my laptop suddenly restart or the laptop gets stuck(cant do anything, even switch off the laptop),but when I connect to the battery only without using power supply, my laptop working perfectly. I try remove the battery and used only power supply but the same problem occur. I am also change the adapter. The problem still happen. I can used the laptop only using battery.

I am running WIndows 7 but I have tried it using windows xp and got the smae result. Can anyone help?

Occasional Contributor
noname33

Re: Sattelite L300 Getting restarted when power connected

Hope this helps it is a post of mine from here  http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/Batteries-and-Power/Laptop-will-only-run-on-battery-freezes-when-...

Re: Laptop will only run on battery, freezes when the AC is plugged in.

I have had this problem for some time now on my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4607.  I first had some random shutdowns here & there a about five months back. I cleaned the dust out of my laptop & did some virus scans.  I had been seeing programs unresponsive as well as it was starting to shutdown or freeze when I walked away (This was NOT hibernation or Sleep mode).

I then noticed when I had NOD32 scanning my Hard Drive, Defragging, or Burning something it wouldn't freeze or shut down.  So, I usually just kept NOD32 scanning at all times & was good until a month ago. Then it started freezing anytime it was plugged in (Very Annoying!!)  It still charged my battery, but that was it.  Next I did a fresh reinstall of the OS on battery power.  Then I checked my original power cord & it is putting out the correct voltage. My DC Jack was a little loose & I noticed if I held it in a certain position while it started up it seemed ok for a bit.  So, I bought a new jack & installed it for $5 & I checked the voltage on the CMOS battery which was fine at around 3volts..  The problem was still there when I put it back together.  Then I started reading a lot of forums & found this one.

_______________THE FIX_______________

Chrischungs suggestion of

In SafeMode Goto control panel--> device manager---> goto processor----> disable one of the two processors --> reboot normally. This FIXED the problem, but 1processor is not really a great fix; more of a work around.

Well I decided now that I had a fully charged battery & running on the power cord for Around an hour; that I would RE-Enable the processor that I had previously disabled & Now it is WORKING LIKE it should with the power cord & both Processors.

The only thing is;  keep your laptop in the sleep, hibernate state or just leave it on; otherwise you will have to In SafeMode Goto control panel--> device manager---> goto processor----> disable one of the two processors --> reboot normally.  You can also go into bios & disable your processor there instead of SafeMode.

There are a lot of people with this issue I have found & with many different Brands of laptops, I am guessing that most if not all people have Core 2 Duo processors or multi core.  I am happy for having this fix I just hope it lasts, I have been running on the power cord for 5 days with No FREEZES & both Processors.  Give it a try & see if it works for you!!

___________UPDATE______________

I was updating Windows & it required a restart; I was still running on 2 processors & power cord, so I disconnected the power cord & restarted on battery.  I then let all programs load & about 15 min later used the power cord with both processors. A bit later it Froze on me.  I had to go through the process again of disabling the processor & all.

So, I recommend if you are installing software or doing Microsoft updates & all it is good to only run on the 1 processor or you will have to repeat the process & wait about an hour or more before enabling the 2nd one.

Hope this helps & someone finds a REAL fix.

rasi

hey thanks.. 

i will try this...

the same situation here the way u described. now it doesn't work 5-10 min in normal mode with adapter....  

i just failed to understand its behaviour..

never thought of 2core problem.. it just like a heart problem which i never like to think..:smileysad: 

but thank God for somewhat easy solution.. 

hope company can find some real fix... 

thank u thank u thank u thank u   thank u..

1st let me check...

Occasional Contributor
kiranfocuz

this problme not related  , bios or program  issue , absolutly  inside some components need to replace . 

for - toshiba admin -  i can provide 100% perfect  solution for  this  problme  

Sanjoy

HI,

My 3yr old M200 restarts if connect it to AC power adaptor. I tried 1 processor and all the solutions described above but no help. Can anybody post a proper solution?

Thanks in advance,

Sanjoy

andrew221286

hi

its nothing to do with the processor its the mainboard problem

its the NEC chip on the mainboard that is faulty so

you need to replace it with 4 IC chip reading 220 capacitance

I try it and it works fine with the power connected

if you want to repair I can assist

thanks

andrew221286

see above

Occasional Contributor
kiranfocuz

hello sir , this is problme related to NEC cap , you can see below post . i have a good idea . 470 uf + 4 capacitor add parell way to that section , this problme will solve :smileyhappy:

agusakmal

how it works, can you give me tutorial i do have same problem with my L305 thanks....

rafemuhammed

[ Edited ]

Good Day to you,

As per instruction,I have disabled one of my processor and was working fine. I never turn on the disabled processor after that but now my laptop is turns off when I plug in the power. It is not happening everytime. sometimes it is working fine sometimes not. I changed the charger, but not solved.

Pls help