seannabeast

Satellite L645D-S4056 Charge Issues

Problem:

I plug the power cord into the port, does not charge or produce any sort of power.  I have to force the cord in pretty hard and wiggle a bit for it to show any life, however it is tough to keep it powered. 

Previous Suggestion:

Someone has suggested to me that it could be an issue with the mother board, maybe something came loose.  Will attempt to open up laptop and look, but I am not very familiar with hardware.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Satellite L645D-S4056 Charge Issues

[ Edited ]

L645D Disassembly instructions with lots of pictures can be found here.  Step 24 specifically mentions the DC jack assembly and even gives a link to ordering a new one if that is what you need. It does sound like either the jack itself or it's connection to the motherboard is your problem. You may feel easier if you let a computer repair shop do that for you. If it happens to still be under warranty, call Toshiba Tech Support at 1-800 457-7777.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
LizYork

Re: Satellite L655-S5150 Charge Port Issues

I was hoping you could direct me to assistance in self-repair of my charger port for my Satellite L655-S5150! It seems to have come loose and makes it difficult to use the ac adapter! Of course it is out of warranty and I cannot afford to have it repaired professionally. However, I am fairly mechanically inclined, so I'm sure with the right instruction, I can take care of it myself! Thank you so much!! :smileyhappy:

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Liz, HERE are the disassembly instructions for your L655. Click on any of the pictures for considerable enlargement.  Step 22 shows that the Power Jack just plugs into the Motherboard rather than being soldered.  That's good news indicating you can either replace or attempt repair of the jack itself pretty easily.  Good Luck!

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
LizYork

cbwilsha: Thank you so much for the help! I'm going to have to attempt this using another computer as my guide! lol :smileyhappy:  I'll let you know how it worked out! My e-m is pmsvcs01@yahoo.com  :smileyhappy:

gmichau

Hi, I have a Futureshop Satellite P870-02L with that bad power jack problem. Where can I buy an official replacement Toshiba part for that jack? I could try to custom fit some other jack and plug as well, but where on the Toshiba web site can I buy a small part like that?

Thanks

Gerard

Peter

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter