lobosam2010
Accepted Solution

Satellite C655D Not Charging when Plugged in

I plugged in my laptop to charge and the orange light didn't come on. I looked through the forums and saw that it might be that the power jack is broken or disconnected from the motherboard, so I took apart my laptop to check it out, and it seems to be fine and still attached. Are there any other possibilities?

Peter

Re: Satellite C655D Not Charging when Plugged in

It's also possible that the adaptor itself is broken.

First, try this. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections. Sometimes that can help with power issues.

- Peter
lobosam2010

[ Edited ]

Its not the adaptor. I bought a new one and it still didn't work.

*EDIT* BUT the power button thing WORKED!! You just saved my life, no joke

Peter

I'm glad that worked for you! That trick can often fix charging issues and laptops that won't start. Keep it in mind in the future!

- Peter
lefteris

Hi 

The "unplug-remove battery-press start button for 20 seconds" solution is working temporarily . i also tried the ACPI solution which didnt change anything. Can you suggest any permanent solution so that i will not have to remove the battery? 

Thanks

Peter

I don't have any other possible solutions besides performing a full system recovery as a last resort (or considering a possible hardware failure).

- Peter