Craig0901

Satellite C655 won't power up

[ Edited ]

I have a Satellite C655D-S5048 that wont power on. If I have just the battery in I get nothing at all, if I have the power supply plugged in then I will get six flashes of the yellow LED. The unit will not power on either way!!! Can anyone help please???

Peter

Re: Satellite C655 won't power up

Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

If it still won't start, remove the battery and start with just the AC power. Next try without the AC power and just the battery. Also, check that the RAM is inserted securely. Instructions can be found in your user's guide if you need.

- Peter
Craig0901

Thank you> I will give that a shot.

Craig0901

I tried as you suggested, but it didn't change anything.

Any other suggestions?

Peter

It sounds like there's a hardware failure of some sort. It might be the computer itself, but it might also be the AC adaptor. I'd recommand you contact customer service at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Craig0901

Thanks for the response an trying to help.

crasul

Did you ever resolve your problem?  My laptop just turned off while I was working on it this morning and I have the same issue.  Any input you have would be appreciated.  thank you.

Craig0901

crasul wrote:

Did you ever resolve your problem?  My laptop just turned off while I was working on it this morning and I have the same issue.  Any input you have would be appreciated.  thank you.

It turned out to be the DC power jack on the side of the laptop. It was a cheap easy fix. I found the part on line for less than $10.00 and it only took 30 min tops to pull and reinstall the DC power jack cable. If you need further info post or e mail me. CB