code_red390

Satellite A205-S4617 orange battery light flashing wont power on

Okay the battery no longer charges or keeps a charge that lasts longer than 5 minutes so I know its not the battery. I plugged in the ac adapter and the tried turning on the laptop but all I get is the battery symbol flashing orange like the battery needs charging. 

The power cord box usually gets hot but it's not doing that now when its plugged in at this point. 

Could it be the power cord or is it the power module that seems to be an issue with satellites? 

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: Satellite A205-S4617 orange battery light flashing wont power on

code_red390 wrote:

Okay the battery no longer charges or keeps a charge that lasts longer than 5 minutes so I know its not the battery. I plugged in the ac adapter and the tried turning on the laptop but all I get is the battery symbol flashing orange like the battery needs charging. 

The power cord box usually gets hot but it's not doing that now when its plugged in at this point. 

Could it be the power cord or is it the power module that seems to be an issue with satellites? 

If it was the AC adapter, then the light wouldn't be flashing (no power).   It's probably the power control circuit on the system board.