Jason-uwc
Accepted Solution

Power Cord

Hello,

Yet another question,

Our power Cord that plugs into the laptop seems a little damaged.  The end that goes into the laptop has a protective plastic coating, part of that coating has been damaged, is it safe to still plug into the computer.. Or should I purchase another??

Thanks

101st ABN DIV
Combat Veteran
Medically Retired
Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: Power Cord

From one veteran to another why risk more pain and suffering?  You identified the weak spot,invest in a new power adapter kit . It can be obtained from www.toshiba.com customer service-have full model # available, or use the selector menu under DOWNLOAD and locate accessories, or locate an authorized service provider in your locale for order aspect.
Jason-uwc

I appreciate the quick response.  My only problem is this Laptop is just barely 2 months old.  I hope this is a flaw with the power cord and not the company or im screwed
101st ABN DIV
Combat Veteran
Medically Retired
Regular Advisor
Defender

Based on the recent post Jason-uwc, take to Authorized Service Center or back to store , use the warranty have a less frustrated try to resolve.  Take care.
Jason-uwc

I will be contacting the warranty dept.  Sorry I came off a little strong.  I read the reviews for the replacement battery charger , and saw nothing but horrible reviews about the quality of the product.  I will wait to pass judgement until i talk to customer service tomorrow.  Thanks again
101st ABN DIV
Combat Veteran
Medically Retired
Regular Advisor
Defender

You failed to mention so new a unit initially.  Take it to an Authorized Service Provider your area[locate by going to www.toshiba.com and put in your zip code].  Or, another option is return to retailer and show them.  Warranty does cover.  Let it be inspected.
Jason-uwc

The problem is I got it off amazon.  I dont know if they will want me to ship the entire unit or just the chord?? ANd me being a full time student i really need my computer, so I could not go a long period of time w/o..  I have to call them first thing in the morning.  Thanks again
101st ABN DIV
Combat Veteran
Medically Retired
Regular Advisor
Defender

Was this a new or refurb unit?  Agree, see what Amazon instructs, see if they will offer an RMA action based on your situation. Hopefully this was new, and you could use the warranty and locate local ASP.? If a used/refurb hurt!
Jason-uwc

Definitly new.  I will track down the nearest retailer b4 i maek calls.  Thanx for your help I will update you
101st ABN DIV
Combat Veteran
Medically Retired
Regular Advisor
Defender

Standby in operation, take care.