hernanp755

P755 shuts down

Hi

I have a toshiba p755 s5120 for 3 months, it began to shut down by itself, sometimes after 2 hours of used, maybe 6 hours, some times it wont even began the windows system. i turn it on, one second and then shuts down inmediately.

I have done:

Disable USB on bios

All the turn off, hibernation, stand by turn to never, what to do on , do nothin on closing lid, do nothing on pressin power bottom.

Its just like a bougthed, with 8 gigs of ram, no new hardware and modifications.

any ideas?

Peter

Re: P755 shuts down

If it feels hot when it shuts down, it may be overheating. Ensure you're not using it on a soft surface like a bed, blanket, or your lap. You may also want to blow out the fans and vents.

If it's not heat-related, you may want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
JaxJaguar

I have a similar issue that I have reported here on this forum.  Remove your battery.  While the unit is unplugged from the wall, press and hold the on/off button for 5-10 seconds, then plug the unit into the wall and turn the unit on.  You most likely will not have any issues while the system is on ac power.  The problem occurrs when the battery is attached to the unit.

jaygibbs

what causes this?  I am having the same issue!!

barclay2323

Any more info on this?  Happens to me too.  Will a new battery fix the issue?  I was going to try to get a warranty repair, but I'm 2 weeks out of warranty!

LaurentL

I have same issue on my toshiba p755-s5269 this problem is caused by the membrane power switch button (very poor quality). it's a common defaut on toshiba satellite. i will never buy a toshiba again.