kjgrunt97

My Toshiba Notebook NB255-N250 wont turn on!!!

Ive been using my Toshiba NBB255-N250 a lot lately. And I turned it off and now it will not turn back on. The charging symbol is green but it just doesn't turn on. Please someone help me. 

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: My Toshiba Notebook NB255-N250 wont turn on!!!

Try a system reset. With your system powered off, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, try to power on, assuming you see it, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load BIOS defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, then try to boot into Windows.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

shep0114

Would this work with a NB250 that wont turn on after sitting unused for 2 weeks?

any other ideas?

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

mini notebook NB255-N250

Yes, if it is going to work it should still work with a NB250 after sitting unused for 2 weeks. If it does not work, try these different procedures:

1) Try removing only the battery, leave the AC plugged in, power on.

2) Try unplugging the AC, leave the battery in, power on.

3) Try unplugging AC, remove the battery, remove both RAM modules, replace one RAM module in a different spot, replace battery & AC, power on. Repeat this process until you have tried each RAM module alone in each slot. See the installing/removing RAM directions starting on page 39 of your NB250 Series User’s Guide

4) If none of the above works it could be a corrupt BIOS.

BIOS Recovery procedures

5) If your system is still on warranty, call customer support:

Customer Support in the United States

• Computers: (800) 457-7777 (toll-free) or (949) 859-4273

6) if your system is off warranty, perhaps you should consider paying a professional for a diagnostic:

Locate a Service Center

Good luck.

Mike

jadw-nai

Thanks, Mike.  Taking the RAM out and re-seating it cured my problem in the end.  I was about to smash the **bleep** thing up!!! as I had just about tried everything else out.  Cheers, Steve

Super Advisor
miker643

Happy to hear the old advice worked for you Steve. Thanks for letting us know.

Mike