Tinkerbell

Laptop will not work on battery

I have a Toshiba A135-S4427 laptop and the computer will not work on the battery. When plugged into the AC adapter the battery shows "fully charged (100%)" but as soon as it is unplugged from the AC adapter the computer shuts down. I checked Device Manager and the device status shows "... device is working properly". I plan on taking the laptop into bestbuy but wanted to check here first.

HELP!

Vincepascoe

Re: Laptop will not work on battery

AK! I have same problem but with a Satalite L305. Has anyone solved this problem? I need laptop for Sundance trip. Odd My battery shows 96% but not chargeing. Will not start on battery Powers down once unpluged.

pishta68

Your battery is bad. Just like a car battery, looks and charges fine, but as soon as you put a load on it, the voltage will drop below 7 and the PC will not turn on. I just replaced my battery tonight and sure enough , I put the new one in, charged it for about 20 minutes and crossed my fingers. Pulled the AC and the computer stayed on the new battery. The old one would only blink the power light, but would spin the CD/DVD if in that mode with no display.
CrashOverride

I am having a similar problem.  Mine is a Satellite L305D-S5895.  It will power on under AC power, but when the power cord is disconnected, the machine will run for 5-10 minutes and then shut down and then will not power back on until the power cord is plugged back in.  I contacted today support by phine and they are sending a new battery.  Will see if this fixes it. 
Ragde

I have the same problem, I have a Satellite A105-S2061. I just got a new battery (not Toshiba),

I have charged it to 100%, when I ubplugged the adapter. The computer shuts down. What's causing this?

HELP PLEASE?

Ragde

Re: Laptop will not work on battery on my A105-S2061

I went to the Baterry Depot and have the battery exchanged for another one. I charged the battery for about 4 hours until it was 100 % charged. I unplugged the adapter and PRESTO my laptop is now running on the battery and not AC anymore. So be sure that the battery gets charged and you have a green light on the battery light.