Occasional Contributor
mominafiz
Accepted Solution

Laptop shuts down as soon as adapter plugged in ....

[ Edited ]

hi,

i m recently facing some problem with my laptop Sattelite A305 S6872 charging. When i connect by laptop with adapter my RAM shuts down...the screen freezes and even restarts my laptop again and again. Even i removed my battery and tried to use laptop plugging adapter but the problem persists. But when i run my laptop in safe mode and then plug in then it works perfect. everything is normal. but i cant work on safe mode...because most of the windows files are not loaded and provides minimum access..

Need help soon. I m experiencing this problem since last 20 days. and i cant afford to reboot my drive as i got loads of softwares installed and rebooting and installing will take more than 3 days to get back to normal wrk.

Thank u

-Afiz

Occasional Contributor
mominafiz

Re: Laptop shuts down as soon as adapter plugged in ....

[ Edited ]

hi guys,

i got the solution to this problem..but will make ur laptop strength to half but things will be back to normal.

wht u need to do is .....

go to safe mode: restart ur laptop....after bios ..keep on taping F8 ...select run in safe mode.

goto start--> control panel --> device manager ---> processor ---> disable one of two processor ---> reboot ur system normally.

For me it worked.

mominafiz wrote:

hi,

i m recently facing some problem with my laptop Sattelite A305 S6872 charging. When i connect by laptop with adapter my RAM shuts down...the screen freezes and even restarts my laptop again and again. Even i removed my battery and tried to use laptop plugging adapter but the problem persists. But when i run my laptop in safe mode and then plug in then it works perfect. everything is normal. but i cant work on safe mode...because most of the windows files are not loaded and provides minimum access..

Need help soon. I m experiencing this problem since last 20 days. and i cant afford to reboot my drive as i got loads of softwares installed and rebooting and installing will take more than 3 days to get back to normal wrk.

Thank u

-Afiz

Occasional Contributor
mominafiz

This the post suggested by one of the member on community...i havent tried it but like to share every possible things.....i myself going to try this out tonight...and let the readers of the forum know whether it works or not..

------------------------------------------------------Post by fixmylaptop -----------------------------------------

Just want to share it with everyone. I just fixed my laptop with the same exactly problem. This is how I did it: 1. I only plug battery into laptop 2. Turn on the laptop, it will start window vista, PC is running normally 3. Plug AC adapter into laptop, the screen went to black (freezes) 4. Leave the laptop the way it is for 12hr-24hr. 5. After 12hr-24hrs, turn it off hard way 6. Once it is turned off, turn it back on. The laptop is working now. Hope it works for you.

This problem happened to my Toshiba laptop A135-S4527 because I had not turned my pc on for over 30 days. When I tried to turn it on, it resisted to turn on, then off automatically.... I did everything such as reinstall window vista, updated to sp1 and sp2, reassemble the components, take out battery only with AC on or AC w/battery, leave it w/o battery and AC for a night....Updating BIOS to v1.9. Nothing can fix the problem.  Until finally got patient and plug it with battery and AC, let laptop on for at least 12hrs, now it is working:smileyhappy:

I read many posts here and user manu, I think the problem is RTC battery goes out. It needs to recharge........hope this will help other people and thank you all for sharing your problems and resolutions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

Afiz

SteveRosa

PLEASE contact Toshiba Technical Support before disarming one of the two processors!!!  You purchased your laptop/notebook with two processors for a reason so it makes NO Sense what’s so ever to run on one!  Toshiba's techs will walk you step by step through the fix, if there is a fix without having to send it in to be repaired.  Either way, they are there for just this reason along with most other problems that occur!

Good luck!  You'll be back to normal soon running as fast or faster than ever before!

~Merry Christmas  :smileywink:

viljon

it works.....tnz buddy for all of you.....hope that someday i can help you too...tnz again....

xheinz

I have the same problem with almost the same laptop model Satelite A305 S6858

Works perfectly in Safe Mode, but in normal mode, the moment I plug in the charger it will power off within minutes, sometimes seconds. One more thing is that it will work perfectly fine will playing a game but when I go back to idle it will turn off as usual. I don;t have the memory to back everything up atm so I'm waiting for my new hdd and see if rebooting will fix the problem. If not, I will be clueless on what to do, and I really don;t want to disable one of my processors.