09-13-2012 06:50 AM
Hello. I have a Toshiba G71-449WM laptop that is just over two years old. It will not start up. The symptom is:
- When the power button is pressed, no lights, no fan, and no screen activity. The only indication of power at all is the light on the power jack where the AC Adapter connects to the laptop....that lights up for 6-7 seconds, then it goes out. Pressing the power button while this light is on or off makes no difference.
I have tried the following:
- Removed the battery and tried powering up with AC only, battery only, and with both.....all with the same results stated above.
- Replaced the AC Adapter with one I know works, and repeated the above steps.
- Tried a cold start, draining any residual power by pressing the power button for 1 minute with no AC and no battery.
- Reseated the memory and HD
Nothing I have tried makes any difference. Does anyone know of other things to try, or is this likely a motherboard issue? There were no problems leading up to this issue, just wouldn't turn on one day.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Copyright © Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.